How do I get rid of some Bugs/Problems after the Denim update?

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Bugs/Problems after Denim

Hello World,
After Denim update, I have found below bugs/problems in my 1520.

1. Lumia Camera App does not close even after pressing Back button, same case with Files and calendar app. after long press on back button Lumia Camera and Files app both can be seen running and not closed.
2. Calendar app also does not close even after pressing back button. ( I think this was happening even before Denim too).
3. In between I loose Mobile network connectivity which was never the case before, This happens at multiple locations, even in open areas where other phones have strong connectivity and I also did not had problems in the past. I need to switch off and switch on phone the get the network.
4. Battery life reduced by 10%-15%. This could be due to Cortana.

Can anybody confirm if they also face above problems?. Specially Point 1 and 2.?

Regards,
Vyenkatesh

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bugs/Problems after Denim

When I connect to Bluetooth, and play music now, the sound pops out twice in a cycle of about 30 seconds. To fix it each tile I have to turn off Bluetooth and then switch it back on. This works so far but is getting ole because I hope from one to another constantly for headset and car.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello World,
After Denim update, I have found below bugs/problems in my 1520.

1. Lumia Camera App does not close even after pressing Back button, same case with Files and calendar app. after long press on back button Lumia Camera and Files app both can be seen running and not closed.
2. Calendar app also does not close even after pressing back button. ( I think this was happening even before Denim too).
3. In between I loose Mobile network connectivity which was never the case before, This happens at multiple locations, even in open areas where other phones have strong connectivity and I also did not had problems in the past. I need to switch off and switch on phone the get the network.
4. Battery life reduced by 10%-15%. This could be due to Cortana.

Can anybody confirm if they also face above problems?. Specially Point 1 and 2.?

Regards,
Vyenkatesh
Your first 2 problems are not problems because this apps are coded in that way...so u need to close them using task manager**
And also try a soft reset for other issues it maybe fix other issues

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Your first 2 problems are not problems because this apps are coded in that way...so u need to close them using task manager**

Tried Soft Reset but of no use for other issues.

rickytatvt

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

The navigation bar buttons don't dim with the rest of the phone when brightness is set to automatic. The buttons are blinding when using the phone in the dark.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I didn't notice the camera not closing until the OP pointed it out.

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I have none of the above issues however, I have an issue with an app post Denim. The Groupon app now gives an error message upon opening. App partially opens but gives the message something like, cannot open app, try again. Does it everytime so basically it's unusable. Did not happen pre Denim, used it all the time.

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I corrected my issue. The Groupon app worked fine pre Denim however, after Denim update, I used a 3rd party app to make the Groupon tile transparent. Since then, it kept giving me this error so I uninstalled Groupon and reinstalled from the store. Problem solved. I wish all developers made a transparent tile so we wouldn't have to deal with first world issues like this.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

only problem I am experiencing is with the Accelerometer, it turns to the side when I'm not and is hard to get back rightside... never had any problems whatsoever when I had cyan

zodiacbrave83

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

on my 1520, im unable to locate videos when i go to the phone's hd without the app. when i try to transfer them to my laptop with the app, i get an error stating that the files couldnt be moved to my laptop because they're broken or won't play on my phone.

when i disconnect from the laptop, i can view the videos im trying to transfer on my phone just fine.

i was able to transfer videos just fine, as well, just a couple days before the update.

Scipio Magnus

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

My accelerometer is not responding quickly after using Lumia camera. I can soft reset and it will return to working and then I use the camera and the rotation gets bad again. I can duplicate this on two different 1520's.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Satish Kumar14

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi Guys..
Did someone encounter issues with Lumia Camera 5 after the denim update..
While recording 4K videos.. my 1520 gets heated and says app is closed due to overheating.. i can't record a 4k video more than 7mins...

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Hard Reset did not change the situation. Since oldirty9014 does not face such issues, then these apps are not coded to remain open in the background, or else he also would have faced the same problems.

This is indeed how the system apps work now...

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

This is indeed how the system apps work now...
But after using the app we tend to press back button to close all the apps and as these apps are not closed then battery will die faster eventually.
If this is not going to change then we will need to make a habit of checking task manager after pressing back button and swipe the app down to close it completely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc