How do I get rid of some Bugs/Problems after the Denim update?

threewulfmoon

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bugs/Problems after Denim

I noticed that the Bluetooth audio on the new update is jacked. I use my 1520 with LG Tone+ for hands free and listening to music. When I'm using the headphones to listen to music or to talk to someone hands free, I noticed that the audio stutters when a notification tone sounds. It will fix itself after about 30 seconds, but it's still annoying. Hands free with Cortana is one of the things WP does better than any other OS and this is seriously cramping my style!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

But after using the app we tend to press back button to close all the apps and as these apps are not closed then battery will die faster eventually.
If this is not going to change then we will need to make a habit of checking task manager after pressing back button and swipe the app down to close it completely.
That's completely false. Memory efficient OS'es such as iOS and WP suspend apps to storage when they're not in use automatically. In fact, you're wasting battery by manually closing apps because then the OS has to reload the app completely from scratch instead of from a saved state, draining more power and taking more time.
Bottom line: stop worrying about closing apps and just use your phone.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

@James. Battery and app logic accepted, but do you feel the behaviour of app should change after upgrade? If back space key closed the app in Cyan then why not in Denim? I am using and enjoying the phone than before.
PS: What about network disturbance which was not at all present before Denim.

Last edited:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay the behavior of LUMIA Camera changed as you described. All proper 8.1 app stays in the multitasking pane even if you back out of them; this is 8.1 fast resume.
You didn't see this before in cyan because that was the old LUMIA Camera 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4