How do I get the people mobile app to update?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How to get people mobile app to update?

I updated my contacts in outlook 2016 (desktop) and it updated my contacts everywhere except the people app on my phone. How can I force the phone to update and match? I clicked sync and it tried to copy the app contact configuration to my updates instead of the other way around. Any idea how to fix this?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get people mobile app to update?

What type account do you have set up in outlook 2016?

I always recommend updating from the website. people.live.com

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Mail app, and Sync. This will also sync the people app (and you Calendar too).

I'm not sure, there may be an atomic operation to sync people, but I'm not aware of one.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Go to your Mail app, and Sync. This will also sync the people app (and you Calendar too).

I'm not sure, there may be an atomic operation to sync people, but I'm not aware of one.
Do you know of a manual way to sync from the desktop program. Because it seems all the changes I've made in outlook 2016 has now be rewritten over with the old wrong info. I assume this is from my phone.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you still have the (correct) changes in your desktop Outlook? If so Send/Receive will manually sync the desktop Outlook changes into your Live space, or cloud.

Before doing this, I'd disconnect your phone from ANY data sources (WiFi, Cell, etc), and try a sync from the desktop Outlook, so see if it'll overwrite the Live info.

I don't know how precedence is controlled, I'm sure there's some rules here, but they're hard to find, trying to look up precedence just pulls up a bunch of "sync to iphone"and other junk.

Be careful, if you change things on a phone/tablet/whatever, you can end up "corrupting" your Live-cloud data.
The good news is, if you disable everything else, it usually doesn't take all that long to clean things up in your desktop Outlook environment.
Then, if you sync the desktop outlook, and wait a couple of minutes, you can can re-sync the other devices to the updated info.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Do you still have the (correct) changes in your desktop Outlook? If so Send/Receive will manually sync the desktop Outlook changes into your Live space, or cloud.

Before doing this, I'd disconnect your phone from ANY data sources (WiFi, Cell, etc), and try a sync from the desktop Outlook, so see if it'll overwrite the Live info.

I don't know how precedence is controlled, I'm sure there's some rules here, but they're hard to find, trying to look up precedence just pulls up a bunch of "sync to iphone"and other junk.

Be careful, if you change things on a phone/tablet/whatever, you can end up "corrupting" your Live-cloud data.
The good news is, if you disable everything else, it usually doesn't take all that long to clean things up in your desktop Outlook environment.
Then, if you sync the desktop outlook, and wait a couple of minutes, you can can re-sync the other devices to the updated info.

Thanks! I'm going to try all of this ASAP and report back.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Mann you are the real MVP! Everything is working and sync'd great now. Appreciate it big time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte