How do I stop the Cortana/Search from randomly opening on Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cortana/Search on Windows 10 opens frequently without an apparent cause. I have turned all the Cortana settings to "off", hidden the search bar, and disabled the three-finger setting on my touchpad (I have an HP laptop). Still, the search opens at random. It appears to happen more frequently when scrolling down a page, but also sometimes happens while I'm just moving the mouse around the screen. I haven't noticed whether or not it happens when I'm not interacting with the touchpad or keyboard.

This is extremely frustrating. Do you have any advice?

Amber Swain

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I know the feeling. You have to turn off gestures on the control panel. Got to your windows 10 control panel click on Hardware and sound/Mouse/Dell touch pad/Click to change dell touch pad settings. After it brings up the next settings window turn off all gestures. This will solve your problem.

Amber Swain

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I know the feeling. Cortana opens when you scroll from right to left on the touch pad. You have to turn off gestures on the control panel. Got to your windows 10 control panel click on Hardware and sound/Mouse/Dell touch pad/Click to change dell touch pad settings. After it brings up the next settings window turn off all gestures. This will solve your problem. Good luck this should solve your problem it did for me and my daughter.

Marialberto

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
You have to change the TouchPad driver from specific windows 10 Synaptics HP driver to generic windows10 Synaptics driver.
I can't post a link but you can find it in ...drivers.synaptics.com
Tell me about.
Ciao
Mario Alberto Musso

Marialberto

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
You have to change the TouchPad driver from specific windows 10 Synaptics HP driver to generic windows10 Synaptics driver.
I can't post a link but you can find it in ...drivers.synaptics.com
Tell me about.
Ciao
Mario Alberto Musso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077