How do I unlock in tablet mode?

Mikegriffin84

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unlock in tablet mode

Why are you trying to ctrl-alt-del in tablet mode?? All of the things you can do in that menu can be done without CTRL-ALT-DEL.

You can lock, unlock, access task manager, sign out, switch user, and shutdown all without accessing that menu. Just curious what it is that you are trying to do so that we can find a solution to your problem. :)

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
You're on a domain that enforces Ctrl+Alt+Del to logon and unlock, right? On Surface Pro tablets, you can hold the Windows button and press the power button.

Edit: Just noticed that this is in the Surface Book forum. No idea.

TheSkymanDC

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

As pepperdotnet infers, we are on a domain the enforces Ctrl+Alt+Del to login and unlock.

The Windows screen says to user Windows Button + Power button or Ctrl+Alt+Del. Neither of those are possible in tablet mode.

Mikegriffin84

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Hmmm... I see, that is definitely a problem wish I could help. I'm surprised Microsoft didn't think of that.

ikjadoon

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

Can you open the on-screen-keyboard? Via the "Ease of Access" button in the bottom-right? I don't know if that button is displayed, though.

Does Ctrl+Alt+Del work there?

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

You should be able to access the Ease of Access menu and turn on the on screen keyboard. If not your GPO should not disable this features for win 8+ devices as its needed when you do not have a keyboard connected if you enforce CAD mode.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm sure there's a way to do it, the trick is finding somebody who knows what it is. Have you contacted MS support?

rdockrey

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
If you go into device settings, then typing you can turn on the option to add the standard keyboard to available keyboards. This allows you to choose the full standard keyboard which has the ctrl-alt-del keys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077