How do you game?

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to start a console war on anything, but I'm rather interested in hearing your opinion/s about how you stay entertained by gaming. How do you game? Any particular reason why you prefer to play on a particular platform?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
PC only..Started with Duke Nukem on a floppy. Currently playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2. My favorite PC game was Raven Shield.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd go for multiplatform, I am defined by exclusivity - there are some titles that I'm drawn to (eg. Halo, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gears of War), mainly action FPS shooters with dramatic storyline. But there are also titles on PC which offers better controls (eg. The Sims) and various titles of MMORPG like Dota 2 and Final Fantasy XIV.

Electric_Mustang

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Multiplayer on LAN or WiFi
Mostly the keyboard on a PC ,
because of free access to great games like The Run and laptops(unlike consoles) can be bought as an excuse for educational needs

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have every console available and a gaming pc, oddly enough I don't care for gaming on my phone though. Every console had thier good and bad points, but I usually prefer xbox or ps3 over pc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Started gaming on PC with Command & Conquer Red Alert 1 and 2. Also played a bit of Total Annihilation. Really enjyed RTS games at the start. Played some Battlefield 2 as well. After a while, my parents got me a Playstation and later down the line a PS2. Mainly played Metal Gear Solid 1-3 and some sports games (NHL and Madden NFL series).

I primarily game on PC though so I voted for it in the poll.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If I want to get into a serious single player game I prefer PC. The only reason I use my Xbox is to game online with my friends (Forza, GTA, Trials, and Battlefield mostly)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
My Xbox stopped syncing to my controllers, and shortly thereafter my HDTV crapped out so I haven't bothered buying a wired controller and haven't console-gamed in months. My phone has been keeping my sane.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd go for multiplatform, I am defined by exclusivity - there are some titles that I'm drawn to (eg. Halo, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gears of War), mainly action FPS shooters with dramatic storyline. But there are also titles on PC which offers better controls (eg. The Sims) and various titles of MMORPG like Dota 2 and Final Fantasy XIV.

Just a heads up, DOTA 2 is a MOBA, not an MMORPG :winktongue:

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I only play console. (Singular, 360)
But I'm not a huge gamer, I play primarily threw games on Xbox. I use to be able to play for hours on end, I got addicted to playing competitively online with 3rs and 1st person shooter games. It can be a lot of fun, however only recently have I gone out of my comfort zone with campaign and solo player games/co-op, but I'm general I only enjoy playing multiplayer and online. Otherwise I get bored if it's just me.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I own a 360, Wii U, 3DS, Windows Phone. Did want to get a PS3 to play some of the exclusives (Littlebigplanet, God of War, Last of Us). But I barely have time to play the games I have and its probably not a good idea to take on anymore new systems at this point. To be honest, my 3DS takes up most of my time. Especially now with Animal Crossing. That will soon be followed by Pokemon X and Y.

And I'm not a big multiplayer fan. Maybe a game of Madden with online once in awhile. But I hate having to rely on someone else or having someone else rely on me to game. I rather play a game and play it the way I want. That or playing with a friend who's physically present.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh I never actually answered this myself to say what my gaming preferences were. Ok, well I'm a multiplatform player with a preference for PC. I love Halo though, but I also game on PC and phone. But when I go to a console I'm an Xbox person. The Xbox One looks epic. But I'm drawn more towards PC anyway. Though yeah I do have some nice gaming gear for PC.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am a PC Gamer through and through. I will tend to play RTS, RPG and FPS' like Planetside 2, BF3/4, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider etc. I do have a 360 but will only tend to play it when I've got friends around or if a good game like GTA V is on console.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I do all of the above. I was more of a PC gamer for years (aka why my Xbox gamer score is so low), but, I have been moving more towards consoles because my GTX460 is not up to specs any more, so I picked up a Xbox one to hold me out for another 6-8 months before I completely redo my computer

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I game with my Lumia 920, my iPod touch, PS2 and the newest device, the Xbox 360 that my boyfriend got on Black Friday. Also have both a Windows 7 laptop and a MacBook Pro (I play games on the former, but not the latter).

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Play mainly on my console now that I got the PS4 my focus in mainly on this, PC for games like The Stanley Parable or cheap games that go on sale Batman which I got on PS3 and PC.

I also play on my phone but I forget about that feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte