How do you plan to use Cortana, day to day?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I enabled Cortana and will just use instead of regular Bing search, since I don't have to talk to my device. I also set it up so Cortana doesn't talk to me other than reading my texts to me on Bluetooth.

krycus21

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
When my wife and I are getting ready for bed, "Wake me up at 5".... While my wife is spending a few min setting alarms on her android.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've mainly been using her to remind me or to make an event for me. I also use her as a news tool; however, saying "Show me the latest headlines", or something similar, does not work for me. Let down

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For me, the location based reminder is beyond awesome. I have used it several times since getting Cortana and it is incredibly helpful to me. I am also so pleased to be able to add calendar events via voice and have used that too. I am hoping we will get voice-add for email as well in the next round of updates.

I also really like being able to say "what is this song?" rather than scramble to hit the right buttons to get a song identified. Hoping we can voice-start podcasts next round though, I play podcast much more than listen to xbox music, so voice activation on that would be great.

Oh! Also setting quick one time alarms, such as "Wake me in 30 minutes." That was nice to do yesterday.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
For me, the location based reminder is beyond awesome. I have used it several times since getting Cortana and it is incredibly helpful to me. I am also so pleased to be able to add calendar events via voice and have used that too. I am hoping we will get voice-add for email as well in the next round of updates.

I also really like being able to say "what is this song?" rather than scramble to hit the right buttons to get a song identified. Hoping we can voice-start podcasts next round though, I play podcast much more than listen to xbox music, so voice activation on that would be great.

Oh! Also setting quick one time alarms, such as "Wake me in 30 minutes." That was nice to do yesterday.

Yesterday, I tried "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and it actually made an alarm. "Okay, for what time?" Oh, Cortana, you are the best 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital