How does 'Continue App Experiences' work?

HydroOxygen

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I have such setting in Cortana on my Mobile and Laptop. How does it work?
At first I thought it means I see a notification from my W10M device pop up on laptop, I click it and it opens that notification in my phone. But instead it opened store on PC (it was Facebook app, so yeah).
Any ideas?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have such setting in Cortana on my Mobile and Laptop. How does it work?
At first I thought it means I see a notification from my W10M device pop up on laptop, I click it and it opens that notification in my phone. But instead it opened store on PC (it was Facebook app, so yeah).
Any ideas?

That's the normal behaviour as mentioned in Windows blogs.
Pc notifications are only for notify purpose.
Useful when your phone is away in your pocket on plugged e.g.
If you click on them, that means you want to interact on your laptop, so you need the appropriate app (facebook , Whatsapp web, etc)

HydroOxygen

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
If you click on them, that means you want to interact on your laptop, so you need the appropriate app (facebook , Whatsapp web, etc)
Sad :(
I don't use Facebook app on laptop (I like web version more and it duplicates notifications from Mobile). And WhatsApp isn't even in PC Windows store, there are only WA Web and WhatsApp exe program. The only useful feature is missed call notification (It actually should pop-up while somebody is calling you not when you have already missed the call :p, but still it's useful when my phone is muted and I didn't notice that call) and option to reply to text messages from PC.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

no.

you can reply if its an SMS

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, continue app experiences is pretty much what handoff on apple device does. But app must support it. So e.g. You're working on a document in word, you turn off the PC, get on bus, open word on phone and your document is exactly the way you left it ready for you to continue working on it.
Notification sync is a Cortana setting and I think is different than this.
I also don't know which apps support handoff-haven't gotten around to test it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, continue app experiences is pretty much what handoff on apple device does. But app must support it. So e.g. You're working on a document in word, you turn off the PC, get on bus, open word on phone and your document is exactly the way you left it ready for you to continue working on it.
Notification sync is a Cortana setting and I think is different than this.
I also don't know which apps support handoff-haven't gotten around to test it.

This is the answer to the OP.

I too, however, am not sure which apps support it. I am yet to see it in action.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion