How does Nokia Lumia 930 battery life compare to a Samsung GS3?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S3 for two years. The battery drains fairly quickly with Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp/Reddit/News/Music application usage over 4G/WiFi, and I often need to recharge the Samsung GS3 halfway through my day.

Now that I'm due an upgrade I'm hesitating between a Nokia Lumia 930 - to try out the WP8.1 ecosystem, but I'm concerned about what appears to be a plethora of battery problems - or to play it safe and take an HTC M8...

Input is welcome!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I say don't do it man Windows Phone hasn't gained much traction since it launched. You will miss the awesome app selection available on Android (especially snapchat if you use that lol) I say upgrade to either a GS5 or iPhone 6/6+

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I also had the Galaxy s3 for two years and I have the 930 for 2 months. The battery of the 930 does a lot better, it lasts me one day an a half, and the S3 didn't last me a whole day

There is NO way a 930 last a day and a half. Hell, no phone I know last that long outside of the 1520 or note 2/4. The 930 battery life is terrible, stay away from it. AnandTech | Nokia Lumia 930 Review

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
930 battery life is fine. Ppl like to have on every feature, setting and then complain battery life is bad. I'd go with the M8 for windows, just because its different, the newest WP, and it has that cool flip cover with Cortana integration.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've got both phones and there isn't too much difference between the battery life, both need charging at the end of the day.

The 930 is better, but that's probably due to it being newer and suffering less from battery degradation, as the S3's a couple of years old.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99