How is your battery life on W10M build 10549?

scd147

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Yep, same here. Not sure how much of that is the 920 battery and heat problem that the thing has always had. For me, it runs hot and you can just feel the juice getting used up. Judging by other responses though, newer mid-range phones seem to be handling the new OS much better.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Battery life was very inconsistent and generally terrible on my 928. I had to roll back to 8.1.

With moderate use I'd drain the battery in 4-6 hours, versus 12+ on 8.1. And then sometimes I'd be at 50% and within an hour I'd get a low battery warning. Some background process seemed to be running and sucking the life right out of the device.

8.1 battery life is stellar
W10M battery life is unacceptable for general release

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life on w10m build 10549?

Lumia 520:

Idle battery drain is much lesser than in previous build.
With usage, pretty much the same.

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Some may experience wrong battery reports because the charge sensor needs calibration now and then, especially after hard resets and preflashing (like what Windows tool actually does). To calibrate it you need to drain the battery until dead and no longer turns on. The phone gets this for 0% while measuring the voltage left. Then charge back to full. The phone will take that voltage value for 100%. When you flash the phone it will use some default values, which in most cases are quite wrong and the readings will be wrong. Also with the time passing the battery power gets lower . Typical lifetime of a Li-polymer battery is 1000 full charge cycles. So if you charge from 0 to 100% everyday, in 1 year you will lose 30% of it's life.

JudaZuk

May 25, 2012
Visit site
On my Nokia Lumia 1020 the battery is a lot better then previous build, but still really bad, about half the batter y life compared to using Windows Phone 8.1. 6 -7 hours without hardly using it , no bluetooth on at all , check some e-mails and some news .. 2 -3 times during work .. I now contantly have it connected to a charger at work.. otherwise it will die on my way home from work..

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
my 925 is now on day 3. yeah I don't use it much, but previous builds would MAYBE get 15-18 hours.

Its a little sluggish to use however

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery life on my Lumia 925 was absolutely aweful on Build 10549. The phone was doing something in the background because it was always warm, so I turned off Cortana as recommended by Gabe. That change in Cortana's settings helped a bit. I still had to have the device plugged in over night because even with a full charge and 7hrs of sleep I still found it dead in the morning.

I loved the preformance of Build 10549 over any previous build. Although, I've now rolled back to 8.1. Let's see what 10572 has to offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria