How long do you think it will take for major apps to update to WP 8.1?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How long do you think it will take for major apps to recompile their app for windows phone 8.1? There have been very many improvements in the OS, and I feel that there are not very many apps right now that have been made for the operating system just quite yet. There are lots of bugs in these apps that are not updated, and it is quite frustrating. I know that this is a developer preview, but seeing that we are more than 2 months into this developer preview I would have hoped to see apps his "6" apps to get redone for windows phone 8.1. I would assume that he will still be targeting windows phone 8 because of the higher marketshare, but there are apps like Instagram BETA that is begging for an update, and we are here waiting. The operating seems to have matured, now we are stuck waiting on developers to recreate their apps for windows phone 8.1. I am quite frustrated because the apps that I have played with that are optimized for windows phone 8.1 resume in multitasking instantly and without any hitches, and the scrolling seems to be improved. The facebook app seems to be updated for wp 8.1 which is great, but twitter is still lagging behind, and many others. These new 8.1 apps seem to perform much better than the previous wp 8 apps, and I am very frustrated the major apps that I use are not being updated. Some of these problems are due to marketshare, but whatever the reason, it is frustrating on our side, the user.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am bringing up this issue as a whole. I do not feel that I should have to contact every developer and ask them when they will update their app to windows phone 8.1.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am bringing up this issue as a whole. I do not feel that I should have to contact every developer and ask them when they will update their app to windows phone 8.1.
The developers probably do not read these forums, so the only incentive for them to update their apps is going to be pressure from users of their apps.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The developers probably do not read these forums, so the only incentive for them to update their apps is going to be pressure from users of their apps.
I was hoping that I could get the opinions of other WPcentral readers and make this problem more public, as they are users that would be more likely to pressure developers about updating to wp 8.1 than the average windows phone user that does not read this website.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that I could get the opinions of other WPcentral readers and make this problem more public, as they are users that would be more likely to pressure developers about updating to wp 8.1 than the average windows phone user that does not read this website.

That's a great suggestion. 😊

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you contacted the developers of any of the apps and asked them about updates?

Why should we? It is their responsibility to update but as i have seen, some app developer doesn't even care whether their apps work or not.... But some are very quick to respond and frequently update apps... But later ones are few... One app is "insider pro". It hasn't been updated for 8.1 and the developer don't even care.....

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Why should we? It is their responsibility to update but as i have seen, some app developer doesn't even care whether their apps work or not.... But some are very quick to respond and frequently update apps... But later ones are few... One app is "insider pro". It hasn't been updated for 8.1 and the developer don't even care.....
I think that you have a very good point there. We are the users should not be the ones that ask the developers to update their apps to the newest version, the developers should be more excited than us users!

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I think that you have a very good point there. We are the users should not be the ones that ask the developers to update their apps to the newest version, the developers should be more excited than us users!

That's right.... We don't pay for an app to just use it for 2-3 months.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon