How to change default calendar for Cortana (and not use Outlook)

deckem

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Loving WP 8.1 and Cortana (even if I'm in Canada and I can't really take advantage of all of her features).

One thing that is bugging me though is this; when I create calendar events or reminders via Cortana, she adds them to my Outlook calendar by default. I don't use Outlook.com (hate it). All of my email and calendars are with Gmail. Cortana is smart enough to add to my Gmail calendar when I ask specifically (as in, add 'this event' to my google calendar'), but I was wondering if there was a way to change the default?

I can't remove my MS Account but it doesn't sync with Outlook anyway (I've disabled as many Outlook services as I can). It's really just on the phone. Any ideas?

Add: and now suddenly it has defaulted to Google. No intervention on my part. Oh Cortana, you so confused. Keep on learning!

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, looks like that's how it works - newly setup L520, never used Outlook calendar, but that's where the appointments were going (even though Cortana said it was going to my business calendar in the confirmation screen).
I just manually added an appointment using the old fashioned way. Now Cortana works correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124