How to check to which number my SMS was sent?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi everyone! I have a very complicated problem and thought you could help me. I will try to explain it as simple as possible.

1. I have Microsoft Lumia 535 dual SIM, but only use 1 card.
2. My girlfriend has some Huawei phone (forgot model), and she has 2 SIM cards and uses both.
3. I had her two numbers as two different contacts in my phone.
4. We started Conversation, I used my 1 card, and she used her first card.

(Everything fine until next step)

5. Now, she deactivates both her SIM cards and gets new one (third one, never used before) *NOTE: she didn't use her second SIM card in chat with me, only first, and now third.
6. She sends me message to my only SIM card, and it detects it as new Conversation.

(Now it really gets confusing, please bare with me :D )

7. I decide to not make a new contact, but add that number (her third SIM card) to already existing Contact in my Adressbook. That existing Contact used her old (first) SIM card, and now I just added another phone number, because you can add more phone numbers to one Contact.

8. After that it merged 2 Conversations together: first (our old) conversation with her first SIM card, with her new (third) card and new message she sent me.

9. While messing with Contacts, I noticed that you can link your Contact with Facebook or Skype, but also with other Contacts! I didn't know that was possible, so I connected that modified Contact (her first SIM card + her new third SIM card) with her second SIM card! (that was also deactivated). *NOTE: I don't want to delete her deactivated numbers, because there is a chance she will get them activated again.

10. Now I ended up with 1 Contact who has 3 different phone numbers (2 in itself and 1 connected from second Contact)

11. Now, my problem is: I have 1 Conversation with both her old and new SIM cards, and 3 different phone numbers to same Contact.

12. When I try to send message to that Conversation, my girlfriend says she didn't receive it, so I guess it sent it to the deactivated SIM card.

I tried removing her second Contact (that has only her second SIM card on it), and it didn't help.
After that I tried disconnecting everything, even from Facebook account, and existing Conversation got named after her Facebook account that got disconnected with that Contact or SIM card!
When I want to start new Conversation, with her new (third SIM card) number, and type in her number, it automatically merges it with old Conversation. After that I send next message, and she recieves it. I thought problem was solved, but next message I sent it again didn't deliver, possibly again sending it to deactivated SIM card.

Please help me :(

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF you are on WM10 latest build ...
  • Open MESSAGING
  • Open thread/contact
  • CLICK ... at the bottom
  • Click Switch Number, it'll display all the numbers for the contact, hi-liting the number used.
  • Just found that myself ... .

I'd also delete ALL (unlink) her Contacts, SYNC, then re-enter them as 1 contact, eliminating the inactive sim.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
It works in a similar fashion on Windows Phone 8.1 - select the conversation, tap on '...', tap on 'switch number', and select the number you want to send the text to.

Asketa

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
It works in a similar fashion on Windows Phone 8.1 - select the conversation, tap on '...', tap on 'switch number', and select the number you want to send the text to.

It worked shmsnh! I had the option "Switch number" and when I did it opened list of 3 numbers, all from her one Contact and I could select the one I liked. Thank you again, so much! :)

Just one more question: now that new number is selected, will it stay selected and continue sending new messages to that number, or do I need to switch number every time I send a message?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone! I have a very complicated problem and thought you could help me. I will try to explain it as simple as possible.

1. I have Microsoft Lumia 535 dual SIM, but only use 1 card.
2. My girlfriend has some Huawei phone (forgot model), and she has 2 SIM cards and uses both.
3. I had her two numbers as two different contacts in my phone.
4. We started Conversation, I used my 1 card, and she used her first card.

(Everything fine until next step)

5. Now, she deactivates both her SIM cards and gets new one (third one, never used before) *NOTE: she didn't use her second SIM card in chat with me, only first, and now third.
6. She sends me message to my only SIM card, and it detects it as new Conversation.

(Now it really gets confusing, please bare with me :D )

7. I decide to not make a new contact, but add that number (her third SIM card) to already existing Contact in my Adressbook. That existing Contact used her old (first) SIM card, and now I just added another phone number, because you can add more phone numbers to one Contact.

8. After that it merged 2 Conversations together: first (our old) conversation with her first SIM card, with her new (third) card and new message she sent me.

9. While messing with Contacts, I noticed that you can link your Contact with Facebook or Skype, but also with other Contacts! I didn't know that was possible, so I connected that modified Contact (her first SIM card + her new third SIM card) with her second SIM card! (that was also deactivated). *NOTE: I don't want to delete her deactivated numbers, because there is a chance she will get them activated again.

10. Now I ended up with 1 Contact who has 3 different phone numbers (2 in itself and 1 connected from second Contact)

11. Now, my problem is: I have 1 Conversation with both her old and new SIM cards, and 3 different phone numbers to same Contact.

12. When I try to send message to that Conversation, my girlfriend says she didn't receive it, so I guess it sent it to the deactivated SIM card.

I tried removing her second Contact (that has only her second SIM card on it), and it didn't help.
After that I tried disconnecting everything, even from Facebook account, and existing Conversation got named after her Facebook account that got disconnected with that Contact or SIM card!
When I want to start new Conversation, with her new (third SIM card) number, and type in her number, it automatically merges it with old Conversation. After that I send next message, and she recieves it. I thought problem was solved, but next message I sent it again didn't deliver, possibly again sending it to deactivated SIM card.

Please help me :(

after you unlinked, did you sync your Microsoft account? Unlink and then sync and then check in messages

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Just one more question: now that new number is selected, will it stay selected and continue sending new messages to that number, or do I need to switch number every time I send a message?

The number will stay selected. Though I'm not entirely sure what will happen if you receive a text from the other two numbers.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Glad this all worked out! Great job folks! And MAJOR welcome to Windows Central to Asketa! You have found THE best Windows community on the Internet!

I'm not sure if you are in to Console and Computer gaming, BUT I just discovered this little gem last week! Windows Central has weekly gaming streams, which can be found here.....

livestreams | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett