How to disable the Live tile on the People app

mmcatee100

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I would like to stop the live tile ( the constant display of photo from the contact list) on the people app. Is this possible?
TIA
-Mike

m mewers

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the live tile for contacts, either, and also didn't want the tiny square option. Although I wish that MS had just given the user the option of static or live tile for each app., they didn't, so I searched for another app. I found "Almost Metro Contacts Manager" which is free, has a static tile, and imports your current contact list when you download it. Then, I simply unpinned my old people tile from my start screen and pinned this new app. and moved it to where the old people tile was. I hope that this is helpful.

Last edited:

Blue Day

May 3, 2015
Visit site
The people tile keeps rotating face pictures of all my contacts and I don't know how to disable it. It's a bit annoying.

troop664hi

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Can we just agree to disagree on th concept of whether it LOOKS nice?... We aren't on this website for you to act like we are dumb, or to denigrate what we want. I personally don't like the live tile because it plocks the background photo on my windows phone, so I would like to have just a clear large tile like the people tile, but I want to see through it. If there's no way, then so be it. But if there is a way to make the pictures stop scrolling by, it would be extremely helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo