How to remove password at log-in?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to remove password at log-in

Hi,

I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there are two user accounts. My account requires me to use my password to sign-in, but my wife can just hit the "sign-in" button to log-in.

How can I remove my password? I've set the "Require Sign-in" option to "Never" and I've also done the "netplwiz" solution and unchecked "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer".

When the PC boots up, it automatically logs me in, which I don't want, because then my wife has to switch the user. Also, if she then logs out and I log-in it still asks me for my password.

It's driving me mad! Why can't I just do what I did in Windows 7 and just log-in without a password?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to remove password at log-in

I basically have the same, although I don;t use a second account on my Surface Pro 3. But still, I used the netplwiz solution to skip the password at startup and set the require sign in to never. Now, when I boot Surface Pro 3, it wont ask for a password but after I wake it from sleep, is sometimes does. Not all the time though. Anyone any ideas how to solve this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon