how to remove purple tint

petesmc

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
How do I remove the purple tint from the screen? I have read that you need to go into display settings and move the slider to green. However, I do not even have this option in my settings.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
How do I remove the purple tint from the screen? I have read that you need to go into display settings and move the slider to green. However, I do not even have this option in my settings.

Change color profile to advanced. Then an option is revealed to change the tint to Green.

petesmc

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Weird.I don't have that. All I have is a picture on top and two sliders. One for colour temperature and one for colour saturation

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Holy moly!! From the Nokia support forum:
Lumia 930, a few bugs/issues/defects - Nokia Support Discussions

I just want to let you all know this simple workaround for the purple tint issue on Lumia 930:

"We have been made aware of an issue where the displays on a limited number of Lumia 930 units are exhibiting purple discolourations. We are currently working on a software update that will deliver improvements.

In the meantime, affected customers can address the situation by performing the following steps:

Go to Settings > Brightness and set brightness setting to “Automatic” and “Medium”
Find a dark area and turn the display off and then on by pressing the Power button twice
Go to Settings > Display and then click on “Brightness Profile”
Increase the brightness by moving the slider to the right, which will remove the purple tint from the grey bar on the bottom of the UI."

WORKS!!

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've moved the brightness slider a bit to the left and I still have no purple tint. Currently it's about halfway between the centre position (I assume default) and max.

Edwardlb20

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Holy moly!! From the Nokia support forum:
Lumia 930, a few bugs/issues/defects - Nokia Support Discussions

I just want to let you all know this simple workaround for the purple tint issue on Lumia 930:

"We have been made aware of an issue where the displays on a limited number of Lumia 930 units are exhibiting purple discolourations. We are currently working on a software update that will deliver improvements.

In the meantime, affected customers can address the situation by performing the following steps:

Go to Settings > Brightness and set brightness setting to “Automatic” and “Medium”
Find a dark area and turn the display off and then on by pressing the Power button twice
Go to Settings > Display and then click on “Brightness Profile”
Increase the brightness by moving the slider to the right, which will remove the purple tint from the grey bar on the bottom of the UI."

WORKS!!

Thanks SO much!!

Soundust

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, please forgive me for bringing this thread back to life :), but the Tint option is only available for some Country Variants?

I have the Lumia 1020 (Australian) and Lumia (930) (GB) but not seeing the Tint slider.

Would definitely appreciate any help. Thanks a mil.

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I just installed Preview for developers version 8.10.14157.200. It's hard to be sure but it seems something happended with this purple tint issue now. It didn't really bother me that much, but I can't see it anymore. I didn't change any settings. Anyone else experiencing this?

Julian Fera

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
It's crazy people all have the purple tint issue in grey parts and black screens and my problem is only when I'm viewing a white screen. I have a purple tint that vanishes if I incline my phone slightly forward. I have tried the color profile slider to "green" and it didn't change anything and the purple tint is still apparent. I don't get it......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)