How to replicate a mouse hover in IE

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
If you are on a website with a top menu that when you hover a mouse it gives you a drop down list, now using that on a touch screen is impossible, or is it? Can anyone help?

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
with me it has worked many times by long touching that place which needs a mouse hover, and the slightly sliding my finger aside instead of lifting it up at that very place i touched the screen.
try it. might help.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone should enable multitouch clicks, meaning, you tap and hold a menu item, choose an item from the drop down menu with another finger. Its really hectic.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
with me it has worked many times by long touching that place which needs a mouse hover, and the slightly sliding my finger aside instead of lifting it up at that very place i touched the screen.
try it. might help.
Same thing works for me on N8.
Press and hold and slide a little. Or just perss and hold a little less than it takes the phone to open a context menu.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It only works with websites, where clicking the menu item, doesn't have a hyperlink. Then yes it works.

Other than that you can't get around the context menu, as it covers the screen.

Any other solutions?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately for a lot of sites it's just broken, there are plenty of threads out there covering this topic. For instance, walmart.com does not work with WP8 IE. Those sites are coded for webkit browsers and they allow you to mouseover and keep the menu open so you can click on it using kind of a hack. MS has stated before websites should get rid of mouseovers since there is no pointer/mouse in touch computing.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately for a lot of sites it's just broken, there are plenty of threads out there covering this topic. For instance, walmart.com does not work with WP8 IE. Those sites are coded for webkit browsers and they allow you to mouseover and keep the menu open so you can click on it using kind of a hack. MS has stated before websites should get rid of mouseovers since there is no pointer/mouse in touch computing.

thats interesting, but can they really, ask everyone to change this, while it will eventually happen, but they should have implemented a work around until web developers start understanding that their websites do not work. as it seems, HTML5 work great, really great experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb