How to save to SkyDrive and computer location simultaneously

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have just installed SkyDrive app on my computer, and WOW, it is so easy to use and convenient :)

One thing I found was that if I work on a document and start saving on a SkyDrive location, it does not get saved in my local SSD drive location. I want to be able to click on the save button in word 2013, and have it simultaneously save to both SkyDrive location AND a local SSD drive location of my choosing.

That way, the file is backed up in two locations.

Why can't MS incorporate this into their Office products? (I am on Office 2013 by the way).

Any ideas?

Of course, I can manually save it to my local drive from SkyDrive location but it can be annoying.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you make the file or folder 'available offline' it's both on SkyDrive and your local hard drive (or is that only possible in Windows 8.1?)

Re: File History and SkyDrive: I copy all my offline available SkyDrive files onto backup drives as a workaround. The downside is if it's a file that should be backed up, that's the only way I've found to do it.

TB1701

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I was (more or less) forced to move to OneDrive, which if you do any research is the new version of SkyDrive. My problem is that I have the OneDrive application but, I cannot backup my phone to OneDrive, at least not that I can see the file when I login to OneDrive.
Question: How, or what settings do I need to change to get my phone to backup to the OneDrive?
Next question: Are all apps stored in the phone, or can you store some of them on a MicroSD card?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you make the file or folder 'available offline' it's both on SkyDrive and your local hard drive (or is that only possible in Windows 8.1?)

Re: File History and SkyDrive: I copy all my offline available SkyDrive files onto backup drives as a workaround. The downside is if it's a file that should be backed up, that's the only way I've found to do it.

I'm not sure if it's the same when not on Win 8.1 but OneDrive works best if you don't try to overthink things. Setting a folder of file to Offline will make sure it copies the file locally. If it is online it exists virtually and caches as need be. This is great for devices with small storage, work computers, etc.

I think if someone wanted a true duplicate backup you would need to sync/backup from OneDrive to a non OneDrive storage location, such as a portable backup.

eashwar

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I installed my skydrive(now one drive) in my laptop. Whenever i moved anything to that specific folder it gets uploaded. But my question is what if i delete that folder in my pc and uninstall it.... Will that delete it on cloud too??

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe so. However, it still can be recovered from OneDrive. I'm not sure for how long.

I think the best backup would be a combo of OneDrive and external storage not directly synced to OneDrive. That would protect in the event of a hack or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb