How to Take a Screenshot in WP8.1

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
In WP8, you would press the power and Windows (home) button at the same time to take screenshot. It has changed just a little in WP8.1. Here's how to do it.

Just press the power and volume up button. Yes, that is all.

Hope that helped!

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup, when I did this the first time a little memo popped up explaining the new process.

Did that not happen for you?

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, this has stopped working on my Lumia 822. Worked fine right after updating to 8.1, but tried using it the other day and nothing. Tried rebooting, but same result. Strange...

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to disable the screenshot function? On the HTC 8x, the power button is on the top, and when my wife reaches to turn the screen off she sometimes hits volume up at the same time and it takes a screenshot instead turning the screen off! She never takes real screenshots anyway, so being able to turn them off would be nice.

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
it's not working on my 822 either
((update)) I tried it again and it worked. it took a few more tries but I think it's all in the timing of hitting the buttons.

Last edited:

Jeff Przylucki

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
This works! Great! Thanks for the Answer!

I've found that holding the Vol Up button first, and then hitting the Power button is the combo that worked for me the best... if I hit the Power then the VolUp, it's not so hot.

That's how I'm doing it on my 1020 at least..

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I prefered the old way...less fiddly. Also the games now listed and not in the hub...facebook messages no longer with text messages....why oh why cant Microsoft leave the best bits in. Love 8.1 with cyan....but messing with the other 3 essentials...... What gives?

pramenku

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I also prefer power +window key.
They should not change it.
Current power+volume up key is weird option n uncomfortable also.
I love to know exact motto of Microsoft to change the option of screenshot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo