How to Turn Off BitLocker in 10 Home?

stuarto991

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I currently have an external hard drive with BitLocker turned on. I did this on my old laptop which was running Windows 8.1 Pro (which is now broken) and my new laptop is running Windows 10 Home.

I'd like to turn BitLocker off on this drive, but without any functionality included in this version of Windows to manage BitLocker settings, how do I do this? I've had a quick look around the web and I can't find any information. I guess I'm going to have to find someone with a Pro version of Windows and ask to use their machine?

Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated!

Stuart

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you can't unless you upgrade to pro or find a computer with pro on it.
not the greatest advance, but you could also try to get an enterprise trial run it through vhd for easy, or maybe see if it works through a virtual machine, and unlock it.
it sucks Home doesn't have bitlocker or simple thing like RDP server and stuff. so not much to do when the computer has home and you need pro features.

Evan Yudhianto

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I just solved to turned off bitlocker on my win 10 laptop. open start>>setting, then type "bitlocker" on search bar (right-top of that window). now you can find "Change Device Encryption Settings" and when you open that tab you will find turn off option, or go to bitlocker settings.

maybe this tips would help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes