How to Unlock a Rogers Lumia 920? Help?

Dainsley97

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello! This is my first time ever posting on a forum so forgive me if I'm do something wrong here. Anyways I recently got a Rogers locked Nokia Lumia 920 and it's a great phone, but I need it unlocked and I have tried 5 different third party unlocking sites and all of them said they couldn't find the imei in their database so I'm stuck, I really want to use this phone ASAP but unlocking this thing is turning to be a giant pain, I've unlocked phones before and it never was this hard but that was on the android platform. Any help or ideas?

Last edited:

aemehran

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my fianc?'s phone. The Lumia 920 went for repair and came back with a different IMEI. Now no one on the internet or even Rogers has the unlock code on their database. Could someone please guide us on how to unlock the phone? Thanks.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello! This is my first time ever posting on a forum so forgive me if I'm do something wrong here. Anyways I recently got a Rogers locked Nokia Lumia 920 and it's a great phone, but I need it unlocked and I have tried 5 different third party unlocking sites and all of them said they couldn't find the imei in their database so I'm stuck, I really want to use this phone ASAP but unlocking this thing is turning to be a giant pain, I've unlocked phones before and it never was this hard but that was on the android platform. Any help or ideas?

I have the exact same issue. Sent my phone to Nokia for repair and came back with a different IMEI. Tried a bunch of sites, but didn't work. Called Rogers next but they wanted proof of purchase which I can't find. The rep said to use the phone with a Rogers SIM for a minimum of 90 days(can be a prepaid connection) and then call them back to get it unlocked for a $50 fee.

When I asked for help in the 920 forums, someone suggested that I use the phone with a working Rogers chip for a couple of weeks and then try the unlock sites again (or call Rogers). I still haven't gotten around to doing this as I've been preoccupied with other things, but there's a chance this could work. Definitely is frustrating - I wish we lived in a world where every phone sold is factory unlocked instead of all this rubbish. Good luck.

Dainsley97

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna try the prepaid connection method and periodically try unlocking the phone via third party sites, if you have any luck unlocking it with a third party site while on the prepaid plan, maybe post a message here? I will whenever I get it unlocked, best of luck!

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna try the prepaid connection method and periodically try unlocking the phone via third party sites, if you have any luck unlocking it with a third party site while on the prepaid plan, maybe post a message here? I will whenever I get it unlocked, best of luck!

yep, do let us know and I will do the same as well. good luck.

aemehran

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I contacted the company that had fixed my phone, I think it was called "flextronic" and they added my phone info to Roger's database. Anything else was unsuccessful. Hope this help.

aemehran

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me was to contact the company that had fixed my phone and get them to add my IMEI to Roger's database. I think the company was called "Flextronics". But this only worked, because I knew who had done the work on my phone.

theotherskipper

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me was to contact the company that had fixed my phone and get them to add my IMEI to Roger's database. I think the company was called "Flextronics". But this only worked, because I knew who had done the work on my phone.

that's an interesting idea although I don't think it would work for me as I no longer have the receipt from flextronics. Did it work though? As in, did you manage to get it unlocked after Flextronics added yer IMEI to the Rogers database? thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium