How to Unlocked Nokia Lumia 630(AT&T) for T-Mobile?

Richard Feinburg

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have $50 rewards from Best Buy that I want to use to get my Dad a new smartphone. He is using the Nokia Lumia 710 which it was a hand down from me when I got the HTC 8X. Well, he always complain about he always get a use or old stuff. I want to surprise him with a new phone and this this would be a good choice with him. It's only $50 after the I use the rewards I use from Best Buy and I can get it before I lose that from Best Buy. Best Buy does not sell the 635 version which is $30 more than the AT&T version.

If I get the Lumia 630, how can I unlock it to use it under T-Mobile? I know Congress pass a law that carrier has to unlock it but don't know the rules around it.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have $50 rewards from Best Buy that I want to use to get my Dad a new smartphone. He is using the Nokia Lumia 710 which it was a hand down from me when I got the HTC 8X. Well, he always complain about he always get a use or old stuff. I want to surprise him with a new phone and this this would be a good choice with him. It's only $50 after the I use the rewards I use from Best Buy and I can get it before I lose that from Best Buy. Best Buy does not sell the 635 version which is $30 more than the AT&T version.

If I get the Lumia 630, how can I unlock it to use it under T-Mobile? I know Congress pass a law that carrier has to unlock it but don't know the rules around it.

Sometimes a bargain just isn't. First, you would have to get AT&T to unlock it (it sounds like your dad is TMO?) Good luck! Even after 90 days on contract, ATT is notoriously uncooperative in matters of unlocking.

Second, there's a good chance that all the data bands aren't the same. A very good chance, but you would have to research that on, say, www.nokiausa to see if I'm correct.

Third, you won't have Wifi Calling. That alone is worth the price of admission, so to speak.

You can buy a new 635 on the MS store for $129. Or, I just bought a NIB 925 for $160 on eBay. Don't know if these are budgetary options, but do not buy that 630.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99