How to upgrade Windows 10 Volume License to Anniversary Update?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If I have a machine running a legal Windows 10 with a volume license (my work) how does it get upgraded to the anniversary update? The media creation tool doesn't work and the upgrade advisor says that this edition of Windows 10 cannot be upgraded.

What has to be done to upgrade a volume license to the latest anniversary update?

Many thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That has to be done through the company IT department - I think they have to approve the update or MS have to actually release for enterprise

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well the anniversary update for Professional and Home aren't the same as the enterprise and I don't believe the enterprise update has been released yes. Plus like what was posted before it's not an automatic update like the consumers get. IT basically will use SMS to push the updates after they have tested them.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
well the anniversary update for professional and home aren't the same as the enterprise and i don't believe the enterprise update has been released yes. Plus like what was posted before it's not an automatic update like the consumers get. It basically will use sms to push the updates after they have tested them.

sms?

web1b

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
All the company apps probably either don't work with Anniversary Update and need patches or else your company hasn't finished testing them yet.
Why don't you just ask your work when they plan to deploy updates and if you can get it early or did you install a copy of the company's Volume Licensed software on your own PC at home?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
All the company apps probably either don't work with Anniversary Update and need patches or else your company hasn't finished testing them yet.
Why don't you just ask your work when they plan to deploy updates and if you can get it early or did you install a copy of the company's Volume Licensed software on your own PC at home?

Sorry for the very, very late update. We resolved this using a different license to refresh the PC and then it upgraded fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss