How would the MSFT store handle an XBONE return if I traded in my PS3 ($100)?

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I'm not a gamer. I bought the XBONE primarily for a media center/hub with occasional light gaming. I know, what?@!

But here I am, on day 10, pondering returning it to the Microsoft Store. My reason is the lip sync issue with my Dish Hopper. It's awful at times, nonexistent at other times. Tried different HDMI cables, etc, it persists.

If I return it to the MSFT store, how would they handle the return since they gave me a $100 credit towards the XBONE? Does it just go away?

Also, I got a $50 XBOX giftcard (unused) and haven't opened the Madden 2015 game, but I did use the Forza code.

Anyone know? Sure, I could just try to return it and see, but disconnecting everything, then driving 45 minutes to be disappointed isn't my #1 choice.

I'd be happy if they refunded 100% of the purchase price and gave me a $100 MSFT store credit (for my now gone PS3). Is this a pipe dream?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Why not call and ask the store directly? That way if they tell you what you don't want to hear, you don't have to waste all that time.

My guess is that they'd refund the money you actually spent and possibly give you a 100 dollar credit to the store itself for reimbursement of the PS3.

Then again - you don't HAVE to have the Hopper hooked up to the XBOX One... Have you tried that to verify that the sound lag is from the XBOX itself? Does your TV have a 'game' mode that could possibly help with that?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
When these things are opened, they usually allow only exchanges. Also, they would potentially do a gift card for the trade credit, but I think that the only way to know for sure is to call, because it could be a matter where some stores are nicer than others with returns of that nature.

As just a suggestion, what do you use for a TV? You might try using it in Game Mode, if the TV supports it. I know that with my sister's TV and my dad's, playing games leads to a serious amount of lag (it's EXTREMELY noticeable in a meter-based game like PowerStar Golf). I assume that running the cable box through the console would cause a similar effect, so I would try to activate a Game Mode on the TV, and see if that helps. It could just be the delay in going through the box, into the console, out of the console, and into the TV, but as I've never tried it (no cable box in my room), I can't speak from experience.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Thanks all. Every time I call one of the two stores in Utah, it routes me to the National Microsoft call center and they are always exactly zero help.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My guess is you will get your money you spent on it back, and wont get your PS3 back. Working in retail if you trade something in to make your purchase cheaper, you will never see that device ever again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss