How's everything with the newest 8.1 update?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
:'(
I don't want to hard reset... I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't test the update before launching it

i had error "0x80188308"
hard reset wont help you, You need to revert back to WP8 GDR3 and then update back to WP8.1 + Update1
ive done it and it Works Great but took me like 2hrs. to complete the whole process

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problem with installing the updates, slightly less battery life after Update 1 but that's to be expected as Cortana is running in the background.

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if at some point we'll get the ability to use on-screen buttons on the Ativ S ? I think it can be useful while playing a game or watching a video so we don't accidentally press the physical buttons (assuming we can deactivate them). Personally I wouldn't use the virtual ones on a daily basis but on certain circumstances it could be useful.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if at some point we'll get the ability to use on-screen buttons on the Ativ S ? I think it can be useful while playing a game or watching a video so we don't accidentally press the physical buttons (assuming we can deactivate them). Personally I wouldn't use the virtual ones on a daily basis but on certain circumstances it could be useful.

no
on screen buttons are only for devices without hardware buttons

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
i had error "0x80188308"
hard reset wont help you, You need to revert back to WP8 GDR3 and then update back to WP8.1 + Update1
ive done it and it Works Great but took me like 2hrs. to complete the whole process

How do you revert back to WP8? I know for Nokia, they use the Nokia recovery tool, does that work on Samsung devices as well or do you have to use a different application?

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you revert back to WP8? I know for Nokia, they use the Nokia recovery tool, does that work on Samsung devices as well or do you have to use a different application?

no, you cant use Nokias app, you need something else
here is the full guide only for Samsung Ativ S - I8750
if you have Windows 8.1 and cant install the Samsung drivers, just force Windows to install unsigned drivers... guide here : http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
You will loose all your data so make a backup before doing anything. Good luck

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...evert-back-wp8-gdr3-8-1-developer-ativ-s.html

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't test the update before launching it

I don't understand why so many people are complaining that it is Microsoft?s Fault. It is not an OEM update you may have issues as the Handset Manufacture has not tested the update with the hardware??.

If these issues were with the device specific updates (OS + Firmware) then we would have reason to complain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124