HTC One M8 for Windows no longer available at t-mobile.com

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Was just checking the site to find info on the Lumia 640 and noticed the One M8 is no longer available at t-mobile.com. I was a little surprised because in the back of my mind I still was considering one as a replacement for my 920.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Too bad. This one never really got a fair shake (what a surprise!) - never stocked in stores AFAIK and was online only. Even then the majority of T-Mobile sales reps didn't even know it existed.

sixseven

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad I got mine. It's a great phone for Windows OS.
Yes, but it's likely that future support will be very limited. It was only on the market for 4 months. As you know, the only way to get it was web or CSR. The installed user base has to be very small.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
A little concerned now. Picked one up on Verizon last week. Thought it would be one that would be supported for awhile (and maybe get Windows 10). Stuck with the thing for at least 18 months.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Was just checking the site to find info on the Lumia 640 and noticed the One M8 is no longer available at t-mobile.com. I was a little surprised because in the back of my mind I still was considering one as a replacement for my 920.

I am sure you would be happy with the Lumia 640 :)

Though it is strange the phone is being discontinued after 4 months. I wonder does this mean that will be happening on att and Verizon.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for a fire sale or some major discount but I guess not. I wonder how many people actually bought this phone at 636. That's a ridiculous price for what you get.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Htc stated they will update this phone with windows 10 and keep updating for 2 years from launch which means august 2016 so we're safe. I just bought the tmobile version today from htc because it was 499 and offered the uhoh protection. I hope that tmobile doesn't interfere too much with updating to win 10. If they do I have a feeling someone somewhere will figure out how to get this tmobile variant updated to win ten by sideloading it etc. I'm not too worried.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Htc stated they will update this phone with windows 10 and keep updating for 2 years from launch which means august 2016 so we're safe. I just bought the tmobile version today from htc because it was 499 and offered the uhoh protection. I hope that tmobile doesn't interfere too much with updating to win 10. If they do I have a feeling someone somewhere will figure out how to get this tmobile variant updated to win ten by sideloading it etc. I'm not too worried.

That is good to hear. Just got my AT&T flavored One M8 two weeks ago. Figured I'd be okay for a while if I bought a flagship phone...

@sleeve22, I was able to find the HTC One M8 (W) at HTC's website: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...go%2Fbuy-htc-one-m8-windows%2F&token=kmwaya15

Last edited:

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I snagged an m8 wp from eBay for $200 yesterday. Has a scuff on the corner but otherwise excellent, then picked up a otterbox commuter case on eBay for $3.75 shipped! At&t variant and only 5 months old, I'm pretty happy!

mslogjr

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I am sure you would be happy with the Lumia 640 :)

Though it is strange the phone is being discontinued after 4 months. I wonder does this mean that will be happening on att and Verizon.

T-Mobile hhas done this before. I also had the Lumia 810. Given that it was never moved beyond Amber, I'm concerned for the M8..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte