HTC Touch Pro at&t (Fuze)

verks

Feb 12, 2005
Visit site
Just thought I'd start a thread to start the discussion about the new at&t Fuze.

I will be getting mine the day it arrives at at&t. Hopefully on 11/11.

CYaris

May 19, 2005
Visit site
New Touch my way?

I have been a palm user since the Vx, and have had every treo imaginable. The touch pro, once available on Verizon, may be my first windows mobile phone. I don't know why, but it has struck me as the perfect phone. We'll see about it when it arrives.

Has anyone seen/used it? Any thoughts out there?

Thanks.

Craig

NoNoiPhone4me

Jan 30, 2005
Visit site
Sprint Touch Pro vs. AT&T Fuze

I am a current Treo user on Sprint user and am thinking about upgrading to the Sprint Touch Pro. But my wife really wants an iPhone (don't ask, but I guess she's bought into the hype) and if I get her that, I will switch to AT&T. Of course, if we switch, I will get a Fuze.

I am just wondering how the Sprint and AT&T versions compare.What do I gain and give up between the Sprint Touch Pro and the AT&T Fuze?

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
What do I gain and give up between the Sprint Touch Pro and the AT&T Fuze?
One potentially big difference (depending on the individual) is that the Fuze does not have a dedicated extra row of numbers. It is the traditional style where you have to hit function to use the numbers. Watch the video linked above and you will get a good feel for the Fuse.

NoNoiPhone4me

Jan 30, 2005
Visit site
What about the service on their respective networks?

One potentially big difference (depending on the individual) is that the Fuze does not have a dedicated extra row of numbers. It is the traditional style where you have to hit function to use the numbers. Watch the video linked above and you will get a good feel for the Fuse.

Thanks, HobbesIsReal!

I guess a big part of my question is how does the AT&T network compare with the Sprint network. Having only used Sprint for the last I don't know how many years -- since Sprint always has the Treos before everyone else, I have been with them since the 600 and before that, a Kyocera 7135 on Verizon Wireless -- I no nothing about the AT&T network, especially in regards to high-speed data. Is there someplace you can point me for more information?

And sort of along that line, I know that the Sprint Touch Pro supports EV-DO, Rev. A. Does the AT&T Fuze support something similar?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
It should support HSDPA, the GSM equivalent. However if you're really thinking of moving to AT&T, be prepared to get bent over on data prices as compared to Sprint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4