HTX 8X Back Camera laggy :(

impe83

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I been having this annoying problem in the last months with my HTC 8X back camera:
- its very laggy and takes about 4-5 sec to take a picture
- autofocus on close objects dont work anymore (so no more instagram food pics lol)

The first time that happened I simply restarted the phone and the problem was gone...
then the second time I had to factory reset the phone and it was ok.. now no matter
what I do the problem is there and is not convenient to reset my phone every time.

Do you guys have any idea? :confused:

Cheers

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I been having this annoying problem in the last months with my HTC 8X back camera:
- its very laggy and takes about 4-5 sec to take a picture
- autofocus on close objects dont work anymore (so no more instagram food pics lol)

The first time that happened I simply restarted the phone and the problem was gone...
then the second time I had to factory reset the phone and it was ok.. now no matter
what I do the problem is there and is not convenient to reset my phone every time.

Do you guys have any idea? :confused:

Cheers

Have you tried updating the phone to GDR3? Settings > system > phone update > check for updates

donaldvc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a slightly different problem: after opening the camera application, I can't switch between front and back cameras, but am left with an upside down front camera view. If I press the camera shutter button, the phone locks up. There is no longer a control to switch between front and rear cameras - UK HTC 8X running 10501.127 on the Three network.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 283935

I'm having a slightly different problem: after opening the camera application, I can't switch between front and back cameras, but am left with an upside down front camera view. If I press the camera shutter button, the phone locks up. There is no longer a control to switch between front and rear cameras - UK HTC 8X running 10501.127 on the Three network.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Kind of a same problem over here too, except my camera app work fine until I want to switch to front facing camera, then it crashes.
After a while I can start the app, but same happens when I want to switch. The switch control is present and my hardware camera button works.
I've tried resetting, but didn't helped. I suppose it's driver problem, so I will wait for Update 3. If it won't work even then I will send back for replacement.

PS: Unlocked HTC 8X running 8.0.10211.204, still waiting for HTC/Vodafone Australia to release the Update 3 for me :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss