Hypocrisy level: Microsoft

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is TIRED, they want to stop rewriting the wheels, Windows 10 will run on everything is basically saying Microsoft wants a unified backbone so that MS focuses on experience on top of that, instead of the nightmare its been living in all these years, just imagine the useless wasted hours writing up help for new or old software, imagine the thousand of hours wasted into teaching developers new approaches to the same damn thing.
We want 1 experience YES, but the truth is the backbone of the internet isn't ready for it, there're too many variables among too many users to achieve a system that can pick up where you left off not just you but millions of millions across many languages and on millions of different hardware.

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you that Apple sales are not to be questioned. But if you look at iPad sales individually , you'll see that it hit a plateau where its not increasing anymore and actually started falling. That's mainly because people started realizing how the iPad doesn't deliver anything new. Its an iPhone on steroids.

To be fair, I think the sales aren't growing because the upgrade cycles are much longer. Its still the most successful tablet, their competitors aren't even close in terms of sales.

People upgrade their phones often because their contracts allow for it, whereas with the newer iPads there is little incentive to do so as the older iPads people have are already so good.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I dont think WP users mock the visual homogeneity as much as the internal differences. An iPad brings nothing more to an iPhone other than a larger screen. Windows 10 will bring PC level functionality to phones...well as far as we know it will.
Apple is far from homogeneous. Microsoft is working on a truly homogeneous OS. This OS is coming from the top down instead of the bottom up. Imagine a phone you can connect to a docking station (like a Surface Pro tablet) and get a full fledged computer. That is the end goal. Mobile CPU's are getting fairly close to handling that heavy of an OS. Well at least to atom cpu performance not gaming performance. Microsoft will be ready for that day. Instead of being years behind like they were with Windows Phone 7, they will be the innovators. Apple in the meantime will try to convince everyone that their workaround version that only syncs notifications and phone messages between phone and computer is all you need in life.
I can't wait for the time when I only need small docking stations and screens around my house that I can connect my phone to. Better yet, I can just connect my phone via bluetooth and my house is a giant PC with a home phone system integrated. Not a single laptop or desktop anywhere. Isn't that what Bill Gates house is like now?

Last edited:

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont think WP users mock the visual homogeneity as much as the internal differences. An iPad brings nothing more to an iPhone other than a larger screen. Windows 10 will bring PC level functionality to phones...well as far as we know it will.
Apple is far from homogeneous. Microsoft is working on a truly homogeneous OS. This OS is coming from the top down instead of the bottom up. Imagine a phone you can connect to a docking station (like a Surface Pro tablet) and get a full fledged computer. That is the end goal. Mobile CPU's are getting fairly close to handling that heavy of an OS. Well at least to atom cpu performance not gaming performance. Microsoft will be ready for that day. Instead of being years behind like they were with Windows Phone 7, they will be the innovators. Apple in the meantime will try to convince everyone that their workaround version that only syncs notifications and phone messages between phone and computer is all you need in life.
I can't wait for the time when I only need small docking stations and screens around my house that I can connect my phone to. Better yet, I can just connect my phone via bluetooth and my house is a giant PC with a home phone system integrated. Not a single laptop or desktop anywhere. Isn't that what Bill Gates house is like now?

And that, sir, I hope is the new windows. I hope that is the new Microsoft. Would love to have something like that at home. Currently I'm using WP plus W8.1 Asus transformer plus w7 desktop but as far as I can see, I need the "homogeneity" across devices. I miss W8 on desktop. Not in UI but in UX. The thing Microsoft is trying to achieve by WX. And I hope they will. And if they will, and won't mess up current WP devices, I'm in.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000