I cannot record using a microphone on audacity

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Good afternoon,

I use Audacity which is a digital audio workstation. I cannot record anything with my microphone, however I can import music files onto the program. This tells me that there is a problem with the micophone set up.

Computer being used Dell XPS
operating system Windows 10
product being used Audacity 2.1.0

Steps used I have checked all the input levels in the control> audio section and they are all up. I have checked in the same section to make certain the mic is being recognized. I have checked control>sound> input and there is no other option except for line in. There is not a drop down menu to select a microphone. I have gone to the same area to test microphone and have no problems. I have gone to the same area and clicked on device properties as well and all seems to be in order.

I purchased this computer a month ago and am not aware of any updates to the OS or anything pertaining to anything else. I could and probably am wrong since when I recieved this computer there was NO other instructions except how to set it up, and when booting up the computer there were no notifications about an update.

I have contacted Dell and customer service is what you would expect. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated and very well recieved.

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99