I don't want to upgrade to win mo 10 if...

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
People, those who upgraded your lumia 930 to win mo 10, I have two questions for you.
A) does your phone still have rich capture? The only reason I am using Lumia 930 is because of its excellent camera. If win mo 10 takes away rich capture, I am not going to download the upgrade.
B) is the picture quality in win mo 10 better, same or worse than win 8.1?

Ittipol Thirasat

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
1. Yes, it has Rich Capture. And even better than Lumia camera because the living image was saved in to single jpeg file that can moving when you send it to other Windows 10 devices included on a PC.
2. IMO it better and has a faster focusing. But it maybe only on my mind.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, what about the story online that upgrading to win10 removes the ability to record sound in video? Anybody have any more details or experience?

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes, it has Rich Capture. And even better than Lumia camera because the living image was saved in to single jpeg file that can moving when you send it to other Windows 10 devices included on a PC.
2. IMO it better and has a faster focusing. But it maybe only on my mind.

Ittipol, when you upgraded to Win Mo 10, did the upgrade delete all your pics, apps, vids etc and start the phone anew and you have to make back up first or those things will still be there after the upgrade?

kanrakuuuu

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
It has Rich Capture on Windows Camera, but IMO it is much worse, with the default selection by the app often being overexposed, too grey if it's cloudy (that's what happens if you test it in California not Finland, guys), too dark and unacceptably grainy if it's inside. Updating from 8.1 deletes Lumia Camera, so you're forced to use the new app. If you then hard reset, you get it back, and can then prevent the app update which disables it, so you can keep using it. I am also able to install Lumia Camera Classic from the My Apps list (if you try to download it from the Store page it tells you that you can't), to have all three available. Which means I can compare them. And it's not good news for Microsoft honestly. But as long as I can use the other two I suppose it's okay.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
to be brief:
a)Rich capture is still here.
b)I'd say it's not noticeable in most cases but in all honesty lumia camera gets you marginally better photos. I've been using proshot so not an issue.
c)Broken mics = you won't get sound. And if you fix them or are lucky to have them working, you won't get the nice surround sound you got on 8.1. Hope MS fixes this but I doubt they'll make the effort.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I tested mine on latest build 164 with Lumia testing program for PC, all mics are working and sound is recorded. Don't forget that we also got one new very important feature --> 120fps slow motion video recording :)

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I tested mine on latest build 164 with Lumia testing program for PC, all mics are working and sound is recorded. Don't forget that we also got one new very important feature --> 120fps slow motion video recording :)

Does the Lumia testing program just say your mics are working or have you actually tried recording a video and then playing it back to see if the audio works?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Does the Lumia testing program just say your mics are working or have you actually tried recording a video and then playing it back to see if the audio works?

Sorry actually its called Lumia phone test application. You have to test it for yourself, the program will guide you. So for 4 microphones you have to speak 4 times, then listen to what you said. This will immediately let you know which of the mics is dead. For me, all of them worked, but it is true that some are much more quiet than others, but i think it is normal that way for surround audio recording. Hope this helps, and if you can't find the program, let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre