I feel like a heretic, outcast, or blasphemer because I like WP7

navierstokez

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The whole idea of Metro is a huge departure from the traditional static Icon UI that dates back to Windows 1.0.

MS recognises that they cant stay the same, which I think is a giant leap forward for them as they tend to change very slowly. But they know now that they must do something different. However, this will be a very big uphill climb for them.

I dont feel like an outcast for liking WP, I think of it as other people are missing out on something that is truly great.

You have live tiles for instant information, as opposed to opening the app to get the information.
Integration of functions for faster processes, as opposed to opening each individual app to get to something.
Zune music is just miles ahead. Think spotify + itunes + personal DJ that works on any Windows machine.
Social network integration is just ingenious, populating your contacts and centralising your feeds is just epic.
Back button and camera button, its just so valuable I cannot begin to describe.
Fixed hardware so that everyone has the same experience (like apple).
On top of that you have the best phone maker, who sold BILLIONS of phones, on Earth making phones for you. How can you top that?

Now before I get too carried away, there are some glaring issues I hope Apollo will address and WP will be ahead.
backup and restore is non-existant.
take back updates from the carriers, do the windows update model.

I take pride in owning such an awesome device, why limit yourself to the old model when there is something better out there?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time someone I know on Facebook gets an iPhone, they have to proclaim it in a status update and they often say something like "I've finally joined the iPhone team". And then a bunch of people like it, for whatever reason. Makes me cringe every time.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Every time someone I know on Facebook gets an iPhone, they have to proclaim it in a status update and they often say something like "I've finally joined the iPhone team". And then a bunch of people like it, for whatever reason. Makes me cringe every time.

Hating the iPhone has become just as much of a cult as loving it.

Lets start a new trend of just not giving a crap about it one way or the other.

vantil

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think windows phone is a bad name for the OS.
Sure many people view Microsoft and windows as uncool, but great many people trust windows brand.
Early adopters are getting bored with iphone and android already, so competition is not exactly new and cool either.
Late adopters are not looking for the cool factor. They are looking something easy to use and trustworthy and the word "windows" has that meaning for most people.(in the west atleast.)

More important than the name is of course the look and feel of the OS. And WP has really cool, new and exciting look and feel to it.

There's one thing to consider:
As the smartphone market is growing it's also turning into more mature market, not guided by early adopting teenagers looking for fancy gadgets. Late adopters are getting more important for long term success of any OS.

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Remember, they are not your friends until they accept you for your tech choices:p

Technology is almost like a religion now, I mean with all the fanboyism going on. And its not just wp vs andriod vs ios, its also windows vs mac vs linux, 3ds vs vita, xbox vs wii vs ps, **** even java vs .net, IIS vs Apache

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hating the iPhone has become just as much of a cult as loving it.

Lets start a new trend of just not giving a crap about it one way or the other.

Exactly how I feel, especially all the useless "review from an iphone user" threads and news stories when a well known personality thats also an iphone user praises WP7. As if somehow an iphone user is the gold standard of smartphone users and their approval legitimizes WP7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124