I Finally Pulled The Trigger

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Today I finally decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Windows Phone. After much research and physically checking them out I went with the Lumia 822.

It will take me a few days to get it set up just the way I want, and to get used to using it, but so far I am really digging it. Tomorrow I'll go buy a micro SD card for it and transfer my media files to it, but for now I am just having fun playing around with it.

I have a feeling my Android GS3 is going to be feeling very ignored.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Today I finally decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Windows Phone. After much research and physically checking them out I went with the Lumia 822.

It will take me a few days to get it set up just the way I want, and to get used to using it, but so far I am really digging it. Tomorrow I'll go buy a micro SD card for it and transfer my media files to it, but for now I am just having fun playing around with it.

Nice! Now, I have to ask. You're GS3 is "going to feel very ignored"? Won't you be using the 822 exclusively? I have a few other phones I used previously, but they are inactive. You sound like the GS3 will stay online.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

One app that will fill in gaps will be "WebApps". Try it, as it says its webapps but are presented nicely, without any distractions.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new device! Great device choice. I enjoy Nokia devices because of all the app exclusives they get.

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Now, I have to ask. You're GS3 is "going to feel very ignored"? Won't you be using the 822 exclusively? I have a few other phones I used previously, but they are inactive. You sound like the GS3 will stay online.

Yes, the GS3 will still be used, albeit only infrequently. There is one app that I use to scan my paperwork into the office that is not yet available for WP. It's a necessity for me so I'll still use the GS3 for that function. Everything else will be done via the 822.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the GS3 will still be used, albeit only infrequently. There is one app that I use to scan my paperwork into the office that is not yet available for WP. It's a necessity for me so I'll still use the GS3 for that function. Everything else will be done via the 822.

What app? And it scans documents into what format?

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
NOOOOOOO!!!! return it quickly so you can get the lumia 920 variant that is coming to verizon and being announced on monday morning by nokia at mobile world congress!

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What app? And it scans documents into what format?

It's the Transflo Now mobile app. It scans the documents into pdf format but that isn't the problem, it transfers them through a service my company uses called Transflo. A generic document to pdf scanner won't work because it can't connect through that service. Hopefully Transflo will put out a WP8 mobile app at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss