I hate Samsung! Here's why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's really crappy of Samsung, but Kudos to Nokia for again stepping up and showing that they're serious about earning a person's business and recommendations.

I do feel as though the blogger should have probably paid more attention to the intent and details of the invite though.

If a company is preemptively paying for an invite, it should be pretty clear what their intent is, and there's always some strings attached.

I don't think I would have walked out of Nokia's NYC event with a favorable opinion if they had tried manipulating me during my experience. The freebies I got, I feel, were a nice reward for someone taking special time to attend, and someone they're trying to bring on as a customer. Nothing signed or required though (though I confess I'd have signed an NDA if they'd have given me a phone, lol).

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So the guy was willing to prostitute himself to Samsung for a free ride to Berlin, and then became an ethical 'reporter'. He's just as scummy as Sammy's promo department. And apparently Nokia 'buys' themselves good press too. Dig deep enough and you probably won't be able to buy anyone's phone.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
No respectable 'reporter' accepts money from a company they are covering. Those bloggers (there were two of them stranded), knew exactly what they getting paid for or were pretty ignorant. Sammy doesn't need me to defend them, and I said their promo dept was scummy too. There is an unhealthy amount of bribery between too many bloggers and the companies they cover, last month Google and Oracle were ordered by a Judge to reveal which bloggers they paid during their trial. This stuff goes on all the time, and I just don't believe in innocent bloggers. And by the way, no foul language, no personal insults.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
And by the way, no foul language, no personal insults.

You should probably listen to yourself if that's the case.

And they went their to REPORT not PROMOTE. Hope u know the difference. Sure they were to get goodies or exclusive hands on...what they weren't going to do was wear a frocking "uniform" and parade around.

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Guess we'll have to disagree. I respect the fact that your anger is motivated by a desire for justice, but the numerous stories I've read about this the last several days don't make me believe these were victims.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just one advice..next time..keep strong words out of ur vocabulary. We all need money to survive. When Steve Jobs and Crapple is so greedy, that's fine. If one blogger, trying to earn some bread and butter agrees for a free trip to review THEIR products, you call him a prostitute. Way to go!

Its hypocrites like you who make me think where this world is headed...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb