I have a question relating to txt message

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am txting my GF atm in the same country/timezone and i send a txt and it say the time sent is 9:26 when she replys about a minute later her time says 22:27.

does anyone know how to fix this, i believe it is to do with when i first set up phone i put location to USA when really im in New Zealand (Middle Earth) so i could download the apps as the L920 wasn't released yet.

Doe anyone know how i think this. or do i need to restart my phone and account and set it up again

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to go into Settings> Date + Time and change it there. Should have the option for setting automatically, or if that is turned off to set manually.

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to go into Settings> Date + Time and change it there. Should have the option for setting automatically, or if that is turned off to set manually.
Sorry might have not made myself clear,

when i sent a txt its the correct time. and when i receive its wrong.. phone settings all back to the correct time zone etc. i believe my live account is all set back to NZ time. its not a network problem as its happen over all 3 networks.

Thinking maybe deleting my live account and resetting phone and starting fresh

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hmm SMS is a carrier service so I would think it shouldn't have anything to do with your MS account, but it could be some odd software glitch on the OS side. Not sure why you would get 24 hour clock on incoming messages and not outgoing though. Is this only happening with her or with anyone? If only her maybe it's on her end not yours?

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
He is not getting a correct 24 hour in any event. 22:27 would translate to 10:27 PM, not 9:27 PM.

It is currently almost 12 noon in NZ, but nearly 11 PM (2300) GMT. I believe he is recieving a GMT time stamp on incoming messages for some reason.

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
He is not getting a correct 24 hour in any event. 22:27 would translate to 10:27 PM, not 9:27 PM.

It is currently almost 12 noon in NZ, but nearly 11 PM (2300) GMT. I believe he is recieving a GMT time stamp on incoming messages for some reason.
thats what i think is happening. think its to do that i had it set up for USA before changing to NZ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss