I just want to ask if this annoying thing is being fixed in Windows 10 for phones

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone

There is this annoying thing in WP 8.1 that if you want to backup all of your photos and videos and copy them to your PC and then you copy them back, it will be a huge mess. (Or am I missing something?) What I am trying to say is that it no longer sort the files by the date they were created and separates them by months and so, it seems trivial and I really hope that this is fixed in 10. Can anyone confirm?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not a bug. It's a feature.
The pictures are sorted by the date they are created, that's why the photos that you make with your phone are always ok. However when transfering them to the PC, you wiped out the metadata, so when you transfer them back to the phone, it doesn't know how to sort them. That only happens to the Saved Pictures, and you can "fix" it by putting a date on those pictures.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not a bug. It's a feature.
The pictures are sorted by the date they are created, that's why the photos that you make with your phone are always ok. However when transfering them to the PC, you wiped out the metadata, so when you transfer them back to the phone, it doesn't know how to sort them. That only happens to the Saved Pictures, and you can "fix" it by putting a date on those pictures.

Exactly, I did it last week and I noticed that the "Camera pictures" are sorted the right way but all the others like "Saved pictures" and Viber pictures are just sorted as NEW. How to fix it? How to add date to them?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
First - connect your phone to your PC.
Then, move the photos that don't have a date on themself in a folder on your PC.
Then, enable the details panel by going to View -> Details pane.
RgjEDXA.png

Then, select a picture, and on the far right of the window, you'll see the metadata of the picture in the details pane.
UGGCTgI.png

One by one (or by group), change the details that you want, mainly the 'Date taken'.
At the end, move the photos back to your phone.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
First - connect your phone to your PC.
Then, move the photos that don't have a date on themself in a folder on your PC.
Then, enable the details panel by going to View -> Details pane.
http://i.imgur.com/RgjEDXA.png
Then, select a picture, and on the far right of the window, you'll see the metadata of the picture in the details pane.
http://i.imgur.com/UGGCTgI.png
One by one (or by group), change the details that you want, mainly the 'Date taken'.
At the end, move the photos back to your phone.

Thank you

Is there any software for this? Cause if you have a lot of photos it can take ages.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Probably, but it's up to you to find it. I don't put a date on my saved pictures, and the camera ones date themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny