I love my frickin' phone.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I love my Quantum as well, so very much. For WM7 being my first genuine smartphone I have very little to compare it against other then lightly messing around with friend's phones. That being said I have a hard time seeing myself switching to iOS or Droid for a long long time.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had waited before I bought my Focus. Cheap and plasticky, like a Dell Inspiron laptop. I would have rather had the Dell Venue Pro.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I love my Quantum as well, so very much. For WM7 being my first genuine smartphone I have very little to compare it against other then lightly messing around with friend's phones. That being said I have a hard time seeing myself switching to iOS or Droid for a long long time.

I got my son a Quantum (he wanted the keyboard) and it does feel very nice and weighty in the hand. I like the metal backing too.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got my son a Quantum (he wanted the keyboard) and it does feel very nice and weighty in the hand. I like the metal backing too.

The heft is partly what sold me on it. I just don't like the super fragile feel some phones give me. The weight reminds me a bit of my old Nokia 2160, that things was a beast but is probably my second favorite phone I've owned behind my Quantum.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Optimus 7 user here.

Sometimes I just unlock the phone and just scroll the tiles up and down with not real reason or purpose, I just like playing with it. It's just fun to use.

I can't go back to anything else.

i scroll up and down all the time as well... lol. i like to show my boy the phone and scroll and show him how vibrant it looks. he admits it's a sexii phone.

I'm not gonna lie, I once hugged my phone.

i've kissed it. lol.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
lovin every minute of my HTC arrive. now only if sprint would fix the damaged cell sites in my area I can enjoy it more. these dialup speeds are really hindering my enjoyment, heating and draining my battery.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I just unlock the phone and just scroll the tiles up and down with not real reason or purpose, I just like playing with it. It's just fun to use.

Glad I am not the only one who does that.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I damn near never use my PC anymore because the WP7 Is so useful. If this phone could burn cds and download torren I'd put the laptop away.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I damn near never use my PC anymore because the WP7 Is so useful. If this phone could burn cds and download torren I'd put the laptop away./QUOTE]

+1

However, I'm actually starting to get bored w/ it. I've been looking at the Moto Xoom lately for a better browsing experience.

Michael.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
the thing it really needs is HTML5 support, but aside from that i think MS should avoid focussing too much on the 'get you in and out' idea of their 'Really?' ads because WP7 really is a joy to use, i find that unless im up for some mindless browsing i'll always go for my phone before my ipad

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had waited before I bought my Focus. Cheap and plasticky, like a Dell Inspiron laptop. I would have rather had the Dell Venue Pro.

If you want a physical keyboard thats great, but the focus has the same great screen, and a super fast internal NAND memory chip.

Just stick one of these cases on it, and there is no more cheap plasticy feel. Is very thin, and adds a lot of strength to its feel/buttons ect.

Amazon.com: Amzer Luxe Argyle High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case for Samsung Focus I917 - Smoke Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the Arrive after a week with the Epic 4g. The epic had a beautiful screen - at least for the 4 hours I got to use during the week I owned it. The other 164 hours it was plugged into to a wall charger.

I waited almost a year to pick up a smart phone, torn between Android and WP7 - and WP7 wasn't even o the market when I started researching. But as a 4 year Zune user I know MS can make great products (MY 120gb Zune is still going strong 4 years later).

Well, I couldn't be happier. The only reason my wife and I picked up the Epics over the Arrive in the first place was the front facing camera/physical keyboard combo (how is it that the Epic is the only phone in the world that has both of those features?). I work crazy hours and the idea of being able to talk to and see my kids really appeals to me. Since Qik never did work well, the whole FFC requirement became moot.

We've had the Arrive for about two weeks now and constantly mention to each other how great this phone is. Pictures are stunning, the OS is smooth and FUN, there are enough apps to get me through my 4 hours of daily commuting (don't ask), and I have a bunch of my favorite Zune playlists right on my phone. And the battery life - oh the sweet sweet battery life. All day long with 4 different push email accounts, an hour of Netflix, a couple hours of games, and Zune playing music for another 3 or 4 hours and I don't need to plug it in to charge it up. I have about 25% of my battery left at the end of the day, charge it up (in two hours! Epic took 10) at night, unplug it before bed, and its good to last the whole next day.

I will never doubt the House of Bill again. =)

In fact, when we went back to Sprint to return our Epics for the Arrives we did it over 2 days - I returned mine on Saturday, and brought the wifes back on Sunday after she played with my Arrive and liked it. While there, I was talking with a guy a month away from hitting his upgrade who was rocking an old BB. After talking with him for 15 minutes I convinced him to grab the Arrive. I loved talking up the WP7 so much the owner of the Sprint store offered me $10 for every person I brought in the store =)

There are definitely some improvements needed (text resizing in IE being numero uno for me), but this is a sweet OS on a beautiful piece of hardware.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
^ Great story. I had never seen the Arrive in person. ( Only one left to see are Arrive and Omnia and HTC Euro phone trio )

On the side note: I had given my phone the occasional kiss and I one time....I baby talk him. It's a cute phone >_>

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm stupid hooked on my arrive, I wish I got more email, that's one of my favorite things is the way it deletes them (the drop it like its going into a can.. So awesome!)

I love the heft of the phone and how quick and smooth it is... Once mango hits this phone will be damn near perfect (need that multitasking..)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the Arrive after a week with the Epic 4g. The epic had a beautiful screen - at least for the 4 hours I got to use during the week I owned it. The other 164 hours it was plugged into to a wall charger.

I waited almost a year to pick up a smart phone, torn between Android and WP7 - and WP7 wasn't even o the market when I started researching. But as a 4 year Zune user I know MS can make great products (MY 120gb Zune is still going strong 4 years later).

Well, I couldn't be happier. The only reason my wife and I picked up the Epics over the Arrive in the first place was the front facing camera/physical keyboard combo (how is it that the Epic is the only phone in the world that has both of those features?). I work crazy hours and the idea of being able to talk to and see my kids really appeals to me. Since Qik never did work well, the whole FFC requirement became moot.

We've had the Arrive for about two weeks now and constantly mention to each other how great this phone is. Pictures are stunning, the OS is smooth and FUN, there are enough apps to get me through my 4 hours of daily commuting (don't ask), and I have a bunch of my favorite Zune playlists right on my phone. And the battery life - oh the sweet sweet battery life. All day long with 4 different push email accounts, an hour of Netflix, a couple hours of games, and Zune playing music for another 3 or 4 hours and I don't need to plug it in to charge it up. I have about 25% of my battery left at the end of the day, charge it up (in two hours! Epic took 10) at night, unplug it before bed, and its good to last the whole next day.

I will never doubt the House of Bill again. =)

In fact, when we went back to Sprint to return our Epics for the Arrives we did it over 2 days - I returned mine on Saturday, and brought the wifes back on Sunday after she played with my Arrive and liked it. While there, I was talking with a guy a month away from hitting his upgrade who was rocking an old BB. After talking with him for 15 minutes I convinced him to grab the Arrive. I loved talking up the WP7 so much the owner of the Sprint store offered me $10 for every person I brought in the store =)

There are definitely some improvements needed (text resizing in IE being numero uno for me), but this is a sweet OS on a beautiful piece of hardware.

wish my battery life was like that. even though my sprint service quality has improved in recent days my battery has not. of course im using a tp2 battery I got in December cuz it doesn't get as hot as the HTC battery that came with my arrive and it doesn't restart as much. I may switch back to that battery if things don't change. battery lasts forever on WiFi tho.