I Love My Windows Phone !!!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
we get app crazy, but truth of the matter is, once we have them, we dont use them... its just the idea of having all the apps we like... once you get over that , you're good to go!

i would be willing to be most people with an iphone or android only use 3-4 apps regularly, the rest just sit there... for bragging rights.

To a great extent, yes. The apps I regularly use are:

--Battery
--ConnectivityShortcuts
--Flashlight XT
--IM+
--Nokia Music
--ScrobbleMe
--Stop Music
--Store Deals
--Unified Remote
--Xbox Music

So that covers 10 apps that I use almost daily, and definitely several times per week. I have a few others that I use on rare occasions installed as well, but these 10 cover every tool-based function I need, really.

On the games side, I agree greatly. I have about 35 games installed right now, but the only two I've played recently are Gun Bros. and Tile Path. I actually want to try most of these games at some point, but I'm something of a completionist , so I want to finish the last 2 Achievements on Gun Bros. before I move to Skulls of the Shogun and more. I can also say that there are apps missing that I want as well, but you're right in saying that the VAST majority of apps are just unneeded or redundant when you look on iOS or Android. It happens on Windows Phone as well, but the lack of market depth kind of curtails that a bit.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
we get app crazy, but truth of the matter is, once we have them, we dont use them... its just the idea of having all the apps we like... once you get over that , you're good to go!

i would be willing to be most people with an iphone or android only use 3-4 apps regularly, the rest just sit there... for bragging rights.

Spot on !!!!
I have a 1GB worth of apps in my 8X , but I only use Mehdoh , EverNote & the Music player on daily basis !

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you guys like it. I use my phone for 3 things.

Texting
Music
Podcasts

This phone fails miserably at two of the three main things I use a phone for.

I like everything else about it. But, that sucks.

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Love my Lumia 920. Does everything I need it to do MINUS the RBC Bank app which would be nice. Other than that I love being different and love my tiles

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Love? That's a bit too far for me. I'll say I think my 820 is pretty cool. I wouldn't want to have any other phone or OS. In an odd way the OS being so young and immature is an attraction for me in that I think it's interesting to see how it's going to develop.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Good post and I have had my 920 for 2 days now. I have just like you, been on ALL the major os's (except blackberry 10). I was waiting on blackberry 10 and after I got over the "that is cool" I kind of saw the issues there were having and after looking at the whole picture, I had the playbook flashbacks; where I put paid $500 and it was ok, nothing big.

So now I am back, even jumped carriers, and wow. WP8 is amazing and really, I don't see any "oh I wished it did this". I love live tiles, the new live tiles and updates. Love not using the facebook app and just how WP8 runs. With the new hardware, the os is so fast it makes my head spin.

Now I just lied, I did find where I want custom notifications for text and email, that is a hole, but not a killer hole in the os as ringtones are more important but I can live with it you know? This lumia 920 is a beast and I am never going to touch android again and that also goes for ios.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Haha, well said! I do love my 822 and I'm thankful that there's a positive thread about WP in the Trending section of the forums :) Take a break from all that negativity!

erekshun

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I love my phone. I have a Lumina 822. However I miss notifications and I don't like the volume situation of the phone. I don't know what the big fuss about instagram is and who needs a million apps. You can only use a handful anyway. I love the fluidity of the OS. If it could be tweaked just a little bit more we would have the perfect phone.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
sure there are some things I would like to improve, and in time i'm confident they will be improved, but for now it is perfectly ok...
compared to the alternative, it is clearly the best choice... regardless, I love this thing more everyday. I look forward to what this an evolve into...

peanutbutterbug

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yay someone else who likes the Xbox music! I've been through android, iOS and Blackberry and I must say I love windows phone 8 the most. I find it very user friendly and gives me what I need right on the homescreen. I don't know what the problem is with the notifications that make people complain, I find the live tiles notification/toast notifications just fine. I also love how games are under one application and not taking over my applications list. My friend convinced me to get one, at first I thought he was crazy but once I actually got one I was very surprised.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the Games hub is something I was telling my friend about yesterday. It's nice having the Games in a separate place from the rest of the apps. It helps keep the app list in-check, while serving as a nice filter for games as well. If I didn't have the Games hub, my app list would be about twice as long.w

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750