I Love WindowsPhone

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
just wanted to share that , regardless of all of the swirling negativity... i love my windows phone.... i really do. people complain about notifications? i dont even need notifications with live tiles... it works better for me! people complain about zune? i actually love zune, it is the best looking UI on any media manager i have ever used. not too mention, i love its features, like smart dj! which works better than genius playlist on itunes! not too mention the ability to opt in for subscription music. people complain about deeper custimization and custom alerts? really>? i never understood this one... im not going to purchase a phone for this ability, i personally would never use it anyway. i customized my androids to my little hearts content , and all it brought was lag and forced closes. people complain about apps? what apps? windows marketplace is sporting over 80,000 of them. i have all the apps i could possibly need for now. and decent replacements for the ones missing. point being, i love my windows phone.

summmary..... i was listening to windows weekly podcast this morning, on twit.tv and even paul thurrot was complaing about MS. and brought up some valid points that began to sway me. and i started thinking, yea hes right! MS is screwing us! then i calmed down, and realized that opinions are like _____ , everyone has one. their ranting because thats what they get paid to do. ive used ios, android, blackberry, and now windows phone. my trophy gets Sh!t done.... period.

so dont listen to all the negativity, stay optimistic. and until the day this phone doesnt do what we need? why leave? why buy into to all this hype? we have adopted what we believe in for a reason. no one in here could be considered tech ignorant. the same cant be said for probably 75% of android and iphone users... they bought into hype, charisma, and popularity. LETS TAKE A STAND! I SAY , BE GLAD TO BE DIFFERENT! SO IN THE NAME OF HONOR AND LOYALTIY, TELL THE WORLD HOW WE LOVE OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!

( CROWD SCREAMING ) :D
BTW, the thread header was supposed to be , i love windows phone...

Last edited:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
OH!!! and i powered my phone off last night, and it actually said goodbye... how polite. android or iphone doesnt do that!

ps. ziggy is way smarter than siri

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
YAY a fun thread ..

its like a 100% change from the negative threads we get all day :)

changed your title for yeah :)

Last edited:

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I love mine also. I thought that I could never get away from a BlackBerry, but now that I have, I am loving it. Sure, I fat finger the virtual keyboard and screw up some texts, and I don't have a nice blinking LED light to let me know about my notifications. I can't use a custom email or SMS tone, but you know.....that is OK.

I love the UI, the screen, and the overall experience. The apps are coming along nicely, and to be honest, I think that I found a new home. The people on this forum have been extremely helpful and informative. It's been a great experience so far.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No one's opinion matters but my own. The OS design was and still is the thing that I like about WP and while I will sometimes be frustrated or angry with MS or OEM's for different reasons it still is the most original mobile platform today. And the best part is it hasnt finished growing and if the hints are to be believed will get a significant upgrade this year, and thats probably what is prompting all the hate from sites like the verge and our own resident trolls.

Imperfect or not, I am not gullible enough to blindly follow what some website writer (who is human and just as prone to bias, despite what they try and claim and is clearly evident in some cases) says so despite the Naysayers I will be WP (and Windows) for life! :cool::). To the haters (I'm sure they'll be along soon) :p

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I too enjoy my phone. Sure it has weaknesses, but it's fast and smooth and very reliable. My droid I used before this trophy was a joke compared to this phone.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You know why we need trolls/haters? To appreciate threads like this one.

Thank you trolls/haters! Thank you for reminding me of why I left Android and dislike iOS. This thread does nothing but fuel my support. Thanks to the OP. I get you.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You know why we need trolls/haters? To appreciate threads like this one.

Thank you trolls/haters! Thank you for reminding me of why I left Android and dislike iOS. This thread does nothing but fuel my support. Thanks to the OP. I get you.

Maybe we should have a troll/hater appreciation thread? (Answer, NAY!!) :D

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have people on payroll to troll the site to make us feel good :) LMAO! :)

I love every thing about my WP .. and honestly the thing I like the MOST is my UI..

- this phone is Interactive ( live tiles always updating)

- its Innovative ( different from every other OS )

- ive never had a problem with it ( so far , but still i cant say that about any phone ive ever had, im going on 2years with this focus )

- achievements in XBL is also fun ( i dont care if it cost me an extra 1$ , I could buy 20 apps an hour . lol)

- i love how smooth it is , i love how fun it it , i love how different it is , i love MS , i love the Future of their ecosystem ,

- I love my: The door - riders of the storm, RING TONE.,....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sure I wish F1 had a OFFICIAL WP app ( like on iphone and android ) but im not gona cry over it.

you guys all got a free thank/like :D

MY NAME IS ALEX ( aka Se1fCr3ation ) AND I AM A WP! ( and Canadian lol)

Last edited:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
reading this just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy again! lol

tear.....

can we have "queens" "we are the chamions" play in the background of this thread?

if not, read this entire thread and then click on this link

queen we are the champions - Bing Videos

now, doesnt that feel better?

ps. notice how i used bing videos, not youtube ( which is owned by google)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ah well, dizzy made me write a thread, find a video and post a pic too ;)

There is now a troll appreciation thread. Please show some love to trolls once you are done showing your love to the Windows Phone. ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

lol awesome , i need to get one of does for my car!!

here is my WP love/hate for other phones LOL ( i dont really Hate other phones but i sure dont love them )

Alexssmoked.jpg

for does that dint see it yet. LOL!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Amen.

I enjoy my phone every day.

I owned an Android phone for a year and while there were things about it I liked, I more often found myself annoyed with the things I didn't. For me, the inconsistency of the UI look/feel/behavior across different apps was unsettling. I won't go into a big diatribe about it, suffice it to say, it wasn't for me.

My Windows Phone on the other hand is pleasing to use all the time. Sure there are things it won't do, It has limitations like any device, but the UI environment, the way it behaves is consistent and logical. If I run into a problem or limitation, it's not jarring, there are no useless cryptic error messages or inexplicable crashes.

The community is supportive. I feel like Microsoft is actually involved in the development and support of this OS. I feel like Nokia is actively involved and supporting the OS and my phone. With my LG Android, I was on my own. LG had no answers, no software updates. No support and Google could care less what happened to Android once it left their hands.

I love Windows Phone because it gave me another choice. I didn't want an iPhone for a number of reasons, the screen size and an all glass phone, among other things and another Android was out of the question after the experience I had.

Kudos to Microsoft for not only coming out with a great phone OS that places the end user experience above all, but also doing something truly original, intuitive and elegant with the UI that's like nothing else out there.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
just wanted to share that , regardless of all of the swirling negativity... i love my windows phone.... i really do. people complain about notifications? i dont even need notifications with live tiles... it works better for me! people complain about zune? i actually love zune, it is the best looking UI on any media manager i have ever used. not too mention, i love its features, like smart dj! which works better than genius playlist on itunes! not too mention the ability to opt in for subscription music. people complain about deeper custimization and custom alerts? really>? i never understood this one... im not going to purchase a phone for this ability, i personally would never use it anyway. i customized my androids to my little hearts content , and all it brought was lag and forced closes. people complain about apps? what apps? windows marketplace is sporting over 80,000 of them. i have all the apps i could possibly need for now. and decent replacements for the ones missing. point being, i love my windows phone.

summmary..... i was listening to windows weekly podcast this morning, on twit.tv and even paul thurrot was complaing about MS. and brought up some valid points that began to sway me. and i started thinking, yea hes right! MS is screwing us! then i calmed down, and realized that opinions are like _____ , everyone has one. their ranting because thats what they get paid to do. ive used ios, android, blackberry, and now windows phone. my trophy gets Sh!t done.... period.

so dont listen to all the negativity, stay optimistic. and until the day this phone doesnt do what we need? why leave? why buy into to all this hype? we have adopted what we believe in for a reason. no one in here could be considered tech ignorant. the same cant be said for probably 75% of android and iphone users... they bought into hype, charisma, and popularity. LETS TAKE A STAND! I SAY , BE GLAD TO BE DIFFERENT! SO IN THE NAME OF HONOR AND LOYALTIY, TELL THE WORLD HOW WE LOVE OUR WINDOWS PHONES!!!

( CROWD SCREAMING ) :D
BTW, the thread header was supposed to be , i love windows phone...

Opinions are like lines? :)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is just cool. Perfect, nope. Prett damn sweet OS? Yep.

Android sucks, yep, I said it. UP YOURS FANDROID TROLL LOSERS! That was kind of fun. :)

VIVA EL TELEPHONO DE LAS VENTANAS!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)