I miss my Band 2 like i miss my Zune/WMC

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Band/Band2 since day one and love the experience but my latest band2 broke in half during a run and the local Microsoft store couldn't replace it (they didn't have any left). So I traded it in for a Fitbit Blaze and I must say I didn't realize how great the Band2 was. The clarity of the screen for one. Sharp/vibrant colors. And reliable notifications. I can't even get notifications working on my blaze (I know, it's not supported yet).

Microsoft is so frustrating. They release great stuff, get me to buy it, I enjoy the crap out of it, imbed the stuff in my daily routine, and then they yank it all away! Those early pics of the Band3 make me want to cry.

On a side note, has anyone found anything close to the Band 2 that supports a Lumia 950 (or Windows Phone 10 in particular)? Or does anyone know what's coming?

Thanks!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a Fitbit Charge 2. It works very well with the Windows App however I can't get the notifications to work. Supposedly, notifications are supposed to start working with CU. I do not have the 950 though

Twitter: @PhotographyET

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Band/Band2 since day one and love the experience but my latest band2 broke in half during a run and the local Microsoft store couldn't replace it (they didn't have any left). So I traded it in for a Fitbit Blaze and I must say I didn't realize how great the Band2 was. The clarity of the screen for one. Sharp/vibrant colors. And reliable notifications. I can't even get notifications working on my blaze (I know, it's not supported yet).

Microsoft is so frustrating. They release great stuff, get me to buy it, I enjoy the crap out of it, imbed the stuff in my daily routine, and then they yank it all away! Those early pics of the Band3 make me want to cry.

On a side note, has anyone found anything close to the Band 2 that supports a Lumia 950 (or Windows Phone 10 in particular)? Or does anyone know what's coming?

Thanks!
I have a Fitbit charge 2 running alongside my Lumia 950. I'm an insider running 15210 and it works great. I get notifications of phone call and text messages. Oh, and by the way there's a great new Fitbit coming out this autumn that is a real killer by all accounts. Have seen a picture and my name is on it already!
ckwjQBO.jpg

Sent from my Windows Phone using mTalk

Ghouston

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly. It can be very frustrating. I see Microsoft going the way of BlackBerry and using Android. Maybe not now, but I'm a few years. Its hard to build a customer base with no new handsets or apps. Fingers crossed, though. Trying to stay optimistic that a second wind is coming for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)