I need to be able to read the text, how to increase font size in Windows 10, only the font

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Wow! I've just discovered another reason to hate Windows 10. I cannot adjust the font size in Windows 10. I don't want the apps, icons or anything but the fonts adjusted. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADJUST THE FONTS.

Who but the very young and inexperienced and inconsiderate designers and programmers would think how cool it would be to have to read text in 9 pts?

Does anyone know of a 3rd party program that would make this possible? Obviously MS doesn't care enough about it's customers to be responsive.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
The following method may not be exactly what you are asking.
To me, it's better than installing another 3rd party program just for that.

If you are using a moue with the wheel at the top :

Press the CTRL key and HOLD it > roll the wheel to increase or decrease text size.

Clockwise is to decrease the size.
Counter-clockwise is to increase the size.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
If you use IE11..........
Open IE11 > right click at the menu bar > check Status Bar > bottom right, click to increase the % .

If you use Edge ............
Open Edge > top right, click the 3-dots icon > Zoom > click the + sign to increase the %.

Last edited:

morlaine

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I use Firefox which has a very simple and easy way of enlarging the text. I've already done it.

Now, I'm struggling with all the Microsoft products and File Explorer.

Sometimes you have to wonder if the people who design these systems actually do any work with them. I can't believe anyone would think that 9 pts is a great font size. Maybe they get bonuses for how many pixels they save. If so, they are making millions. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium