I need to know about your screens before I buy a new Surface Pro 3.

Alyex Hovesky

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I have done a lot of research on a new computer. Mine currently is 7 years old and is dying.

The Surface Pro 3 fit my bill perfectly in all ways. Only thing I just read about and appears to be a common issue is some yellow hazing around the left side of the convertible. As I looked into it more, it seems that the whole screen can get blotches or corners with defects that seems to get worse over time.

Now, it might not be all models, but it sounds like in the stores the issue is all over in the display models. A lot of forums have people saying they traded in the device for that issue and get a new one with the issue or develops real soon after receiving.

So my question is, how long have you owned your Surface Pro 3 and have you had this issue?

Thank you for you help in this matter! I want to make sure I am not looking at only bad reviews if the problem is minimal and isn't something I should worry about.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Had a i7/256 for 3 months and a i7/512 for 3 weeks. No hint of any yellow tint. Remember bugs and production issues are ironed out all the time. Both mine have different fans and CPU paste compared to earlier ones.

Maybe an issue did exist on some earlier production ones, but I don't have any.

Marcellus1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine on day 1. It has a yellow tint on the edge that wasn't there until about the past month. Thinking of trading it in closer to the 1 year mark while under manufacturer warranty.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
had mine about 6 weeks.
no issues with tint.

remember: forums are usually used for posting problems. people tend not to come here to say 'didn't have a problem today', so they can look more negative than real life experiences.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since day 1, no issues with tint, if you buy Microsoft complete, you shouldn't have to worry about any tint issues as MS would replace it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have done a lot of research on a new computer. Mine currently is 7 years old and is dying.

The Surface Pro 3 fit my bill perfectly in all ways. Only thing I just read about and appears to be a common issue is some yellow hazing around the left side of the convertible. As I looked into it more, it seems that the whole screen can get blotches or corners with defects that seems to get worse over time.

Now, it might not be all models, but it sounds like in the stores the issue is all over in the display models. A lot of forums have people saying they traded in the device for that issue and get a new one with the issue or develops real soon after receiving.

So my question is, how long have you owned your Surface Pro 3 and have you had this issue?

Thank you for you help in this matter! I want to make sure I am not looking at only bad reviews if the problem is minimal and isn't something I should worry about.

I've had mine for 6 months. No yellow hazing on mine.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Alyex Hovesky

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your replies. I got a little paranoid when I started looking into that issue. But as the whole taco said, people usually use forums to talk about their problems.

I am still going to stick with the Surface Pro 3. Fingers crossed for a good model. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes