I still love my 1520 but Nokia lumia icon is so sexy..

eak1570

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Man..I still love my 1520 but after I saw lumia icon yesterday.. I thought it was very sexy phone and 5" is very good size...too bad that I am on at&t hopefully Nokia will make 5" window phone to at&t soon..

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Man..I still love my 1520 but after I saw lumia icon yesterday.. I thought it was very sexy phone and 5" is very good size...too bad that I am on at&t hopefully Nokia will make 5" window phone to at&t soon..

Me too...woman that works for me is getting hers when it is released next week. I would have stuck with AT&T and the 1520 even if the Icon was available back in December, but probably would have leaned toward the 5" phone if it was available on AT&T.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Not that I would fault a single person who bought one, but except for the OLED display I'm not that attracted to it. One of the biggest annoyances I've had with Verizon's obvious influence in Nokia products as that they seem h#$$-bent on stripping away the "Lumia" look and making their Windows Phones look like clones of someone else's products. While all other 8xx series phones where almost immediately recognizable as part of the Lumia line, the 822 (and I own 2 of them) look remarkably like "generic android clone 2012". And the 928 and Icon? Metal band around the perimeter, white or black back, squared-off design. Sound familiar? Now even the name begins with an "i"

Hmmm.....

Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt that sales have the potential to be great (Samsung initially did great business making phones that looked suspiciously familiar to someone else's product until they had firmly established product recognition). But personally it leaves me a little cold.

For now I'm delighted with the 1520 (my personal phone) and the 1020 (my wife's personal phone). Both are unabashedly "Nokia Lumia" in character and in the case of the 1520, I've got the expandable storage option I so badly wanted as well as (soon) QI charging.

- Michael

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I am opposite. I want to ditch my verizon because I honestly prefer the 1520. If the icon were at least a 5.5" screen I would be more excited about it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte