I think I am going to get this phone.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had to try two stores but the 2nd one actually had the Titan on display, in the place of the Focus. It was next to the Focus S, which was convenient.

Impressions:
Love it. I want one, definitely. Build quality is fantastic, feels great on the hand, not too large at all.

I compared the screen to the Focus S and I prefer the Titan. The white point is better and it doesn't turn blue when you view at an angle. The contrast is also very good, though obviously the blacks on AMOLED are nill, and LCD can't compete with that. But blacks are not the only screen characteristic, and combining them all, I prefer the Titan's. On full brightness, I think both were equivalent.

I prefer the Titan's button layout. Not going to do many accidental button presses when handling, unlike the Focus S.

The one thing I prefer about the Focus S is the oleophobic screen coating. I tend to have moist hands, and my finger glides with less effort on the Focus S, whereas on the Titan it's more like sliding down a regular piece of glass. I will get used to it, but I thought I'd mention it.

Oh, the Focus S was plugged in and it DEFINITELY has a typing lag. The Titan was not plugged in, and everything was fluid and snappy, including typing.

I had a conversation about the $0.01 sale and they caught onto some language on the AT&T site that says:

Exclusively at att.com - starting Friday, November 25 through Monday, November 28, customers can enjoy select Windows 7, BlackBerry and Android devices starting at only a penny.

But below, under Saturday, it clearly says "All WP7 devices."

They sent an e-mail to a manager to see if they could do anything about that deal for me, as well as waive activation on the two lines. If not, I'll just wait until Saturday and order online without the hassles and arguing.

On a side note, they also said the employee discount does NOT apply to the $30 messaging unlimited service item, only to the base plan and data package. This is a bummer, if true. I'll try arguing with Premier over the phone after I get all set up, either this week or next Saturday.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Olephobic scratches very easily. That is a major problem with iPhone 4 and 4S. I would just slap a crystal clear screen protector on and be happy.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Olephobic scratches very easily. That is a major problem with iPhone 4 and 4S. I would just slap a crystal clear screen protector on and be happy.
iPhone 4 uses a different glass alltpgether. Patented out the wazoo, a strange result of apple having large materials labs :(

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it turns out its not gorilla glass but I thought I read it was made by corning still. The olephobic that the ip4 and ip4S use is what is getting scratched by people.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was able to mess with the Titan at an AT&T store this morning. I am not a fan of the overall look. It is just too big for my taste as well. Not as big as one would expect, but over the line of comfort for me. It basically looks like all the recent HTC metal body phones. They really need to come up with something fresh. I honestly think the HD7s is better looking.

Other than that, I am sure it will be a good device. If you like the current look of HTC, I don't think you will regret buying a Titan. Of course, that depends on how many issues do or don't crop up.