I will buy Hololens and you should too...

sl#WP

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am not an early adopter of anything, I am old school, but for Hololens, I will buy the moment it is available. Price is unknown but I am comfortable with $999, that's my best guess. I will buy it without knowing anything else, because I have known enough to make the decision.
Here is why.

Hololens is not just some fancy names or magic tricks. It is rather a technology Microsoft have been working on since some 10 years ago. Every year, MS would show off their research projects. If you paid attention, the technology had appeared from ms labs many years ago. Craig Mundie had said about 4, 5 years ago that his team was working on beaming lights directly to people eyes. He also said soon you would watch a HD movie on a smartphone. A smartphone without a screen. Well, smartphone without a screen is not there yet, but Hololens certainly carries that technology if you know what I mean.

When Kinect came out, 8 million bought in holidays alone. I wasn't one of them, because I have been thinking hard what Kinect can do for me. I couldn't found solid use cases. But with Hololens I don't have to think hard, the use cases already there.

First, Hololens is above everything, a Windows 10 computer. A computer that doesn't need a monitor, because it has something much superior than your monitors. It doesn't need a keyboard, because anything can be a keyboard, my desk, my arm, or the air. Same to the mouse. Imagine this, a Sunday afternoon in Oct, 2015, Window 10 just released, along with SP4, Lumia 940, and Hololens. I have to settle for one them, that has to be Hololens, I am sitting in my lawn chair, watching my kid playing soccer in backyard. I put on my Hololens, login to Windows 10. Open IE11 and drag it to my left, while browsing wpcentral.com, Visual Studio to my right, Netflix to far away on my fence because I can multitask. A virtual keyboard is floating in the air, it looks exact like a physical keyboard. I can review some of my coding work I did this week, while watching my all time favorite movie My Cousin Vinny. There is no glare on the screen even I am watching under the Sun because there is no screen to begin with... I believe those things will be there in Oct. because that's the very basic thing what Hololens is. Lets just say there is no third party apps for it at all, forever. Because the basics is enough to revolutionize the whole computing experience. I don't need an app to make it better.

Second, if you really need an app, one thing will be there for sure, Minecraft. I haven't heard one kid who doesn't play Minecraft these days.
I don't but my child does.

Please let me know if you will buy it, and why?

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm 16, I'll be using it for multitudes of things, I don't care if it's 1500$(although a bit more might scare me). But I definitely would like this for perhaps game design and playing games mostly. And I honestly plan on wearing this thing around a lot, I don't care how dumb I'll look if I'm the guy with the future on his head.

DanielJoseph7

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I will get it, day one.

Btw..16 and $1500 is a thing to you??? When I was 16, $1000 may as well have been a million.

Lol, the amount of work I do is awesome for the money! Look into reffing football(soccer), I get 25$ for a 50 min game of 10 year olds, so by the time this is released to the general public, I'll have tons. Plus I commission paint models!

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would certainly love to buy one simply to support Microsoft. They have truly created an innovation and deserve to be recognized for it. However price may be a problem but I have no doubts about the potential uses of the product.

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
HoloLens version 3.0 will be awesome, and reasonable price.

The HoloLens Pro version will be around $4000 for professional users (Architects, Modellers, Scientists, Estate agents etc) But not priced for Consumer market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria