ICON Roll Call

thedogscar

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
What about this aren't you getting? That photo looks like it was done in MS Paint. There is no 1820 right now. Nokia's next flagship isn't coming until mid-late summer and it's most likely not coming straight to Verizon.

I am getting what I am reading on websites ... what website is claiming what you are posting?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am getting what I am reading on websites ... what website is claiming what you are posting?

Daniel Rubino last time you posted some crappy article from TechRadar. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-929-lumia-icon/259265-3.htm#post2323316

I find it very unlikely Nokia/Microsoft will announce new hardware before detailing the OS in full at Build. I do not expect new WP 8.1 devices before June.

Just look at the past: new flagship devices from Nokia get announced at special, one-off press events, usually in NYC for AT&T first (Abu Dhabi was a change).

Windows Phone 8 was shown in June at a special WP event in SF. No new hardware was announced, not until months later (Lumia 920).

I'll take the word, info, and speculation of Daniel Rubino over every website out there. You'd be wise to do the same. From the Editor?€™s Desk ?€“ Why don?€™t you report on fake news? | Windows Phone Central

Speaking of, other crap rumors include:
•BBM for Windows Phone submitted to the Store and their Twitter account
•“Lumia 1820”, whatever that is (being announced at Mobile World Congress)
•“Lumia 1520v”, whatever that is (being announced at Mobile World Congress)

There’s just no truth to those, sorry.

thedogscar

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Daniel Rubino last time you posted some crappy article from TechRadar. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-929-lumia-icon/259265-3.htm#post2323316

I'll take the word, info, and speculation of Daniel Rubino over every website out there. You'd be wise to do the same.

Wow?!?!

I respect Daniel, and his opinions, but he not omniscient.

I equally respect TechRadar. They are part of Future, and they are not "some crappy" source, as you claim:

About Us « Future US, Inc

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow?!?!

I respect Daniel, and his opinions, but he not omniscient.

I equally respect TechRadar. They are part of Future, and they are not "some crappy" source, as you claim:

About Us « Future US, Inc

When it comes to WP8 news and speculation, TechRadar has shown that they are everything but reliable. Oh well, maybe you'll realize that when MWC rolls through and there isn't any 1820 or any other Nokia/Microsoft WP8 device.

thedogscar

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
When it comes to WP8 news and speculation, TechRadar has shown that they are everything but reliable. Oh well, maybe you'll realize that when MWC rolls through and there isn't any 1820 or any other Nokia/Microsoft WP8 device.

Maybe ... or maybe not?

Today, Nokia invited Developers to MWC "to try out Nokia’s newest devices":

Join Nokia Developer at Mobile World Congress for a world of opportunity, prizes and fun. | Developer News | Nokia Developers

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe ... or maybe not?

Today, Nokia invited Developers to MWC "to try out Nokia?s newest devices":

Join Nokia Developer at Mobile World Congress for a world of opportunity, prizes and fun. | Developer News | Nokia Developers

Right. I'm thinking they mean the Nokia Lumia 2520, 1520, 1320, 1020, 929, etc. Maybe Nokia Normandy.

I do wonder what this is "Don?t miss the Nokia Imaging surprise on Wednesday." Should be pretty cool, hopefully new imaging software rolled out with 8.1.

W8_4it

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I am DEFINATELY getting this Phone. Would love to know who started the February 5th release date rumor. I'm starting to get disappointed. Stop it already.

Been a VZW customer since 2009, but I have started to eyeball the ATT menu of new Windows phones.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Valentines day is on Feb 14th. We release new devices on Thursdays hence the 13th would have been a logical date to pick. However my department was told not to expect any new devices until the second week of March.
Do you think the new Samsung WP will beat the Icon to market?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion