IE 10 in WP8 is slow compared to IE9 in WP7.5/7.8...why?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
In the same fashion, comparing low end Lumia with high end Lumia or any other high-end experience isn't a comparison.
I think you misunderstand me, I never compared a low end Lumia to a high end device. That said, there are Chinese Android phones that ship with quad-core processors, 2GB of RAM and HD screens, in the price range of the lower end Lumias. Again, I don't believe in making the lower end experience noticeably worse for the sole purpose of preserving your expensive products, to the point that some users on this site have been turned away from such devices because of the RAM issues.

And back to the thread at hand, roaspiras is finding his 620 to have problems web browsing where the 710 didn't. That's not any unfair comparison, and quite concerning, especially since I was considering the 620 in case I didn't want to fork up the extra money for the 8X.

That comes after years of low end Androids that were exactly like you described - being able to play the best games, but the user experience was beyond awful! Why would anyone want WP to be known for laggy games?
  1. There are plenty of games that already suffer from bad frame rates on Windows Phone flagships.
  2. What you are saying has little relevance to bumping the RAM to 1GB. The MSM8227 is capable of outputting to WVGA – perhaps even better than the MSM8950 can handle WXGA.
  3. Have you actually tried an 2012 – 2013 Android phone in the Lumia 720's price range that had a "beyond awful" experience in Temple Run? Keep in mind TR has swipe registration issues on Windows Phone.
Not trying to bash on Windows Phone, but gaming is far from its forte. Android is far better than some of you will admit, and it really serves no purpose to falsely downplay it when it's the competition that Windows Phone has to make inroads into. This is coming from someone who was captured by Windows Phone in February 2010.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro