IE 11 youtube issues on my Surface Pro

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

I have issues on my Surface 2 (rt) when I use the desktop version of IE. But not the Metro version...

It get's pretty slow after a while and then stops reacting at all...

edit: sometimes YouTube will freeze or at least stop working while using the Metro IE, but unlike the Desktop Version of IE a simple "refresh" solves the Problem and everything works finde afterwards...

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if its a update thing or a google thing because anytime I go to any google related services thing its lags or hangs but any other site works smooth :sweaty:

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my Windows 7 Laptops to Explorer 11 and both of them freeze with any embedded YouTube videos.
Its such a pain, I have tried everything. I am now using Opera but would really like to get Explorer working.
I'm guessing its a Google problem, there must be millions switching to chrome... Grrr.

treiz

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
having the same issue with PC 8.1 on youtube, I was also having the issue on Bing but that stopped after patch Tuesday. Happens on my 8.1 PC and my Dell Venue 8 Pro running 8.1

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
im going to see at school to see if its a google issue or a flash issue on ie11 because at school they haven't updated to ie11 ....yet

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
After the ie11 update on my Win7 laptop there have been a ton of issue from freezing video, not displaying video, detecting the browser as ie5(hbo.com site) and other crap.

Never had so many issues with Microsoft automatic updates as I have had in 2013, from the evil KB 2670838 that BSODed to no end to the repeat when it installed secretly with ie10, until that was fixed, then ie10 crashed because of Norton toolbar issues and now ie11 video and bunch of other issue.
I don't know what the hell Microsoft is doing but their QC with updates have gone down the drain to a point that I am seriously considering turning off auto updates because I am getting sick of fixing my PC for hours after each MS update mess up.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
After the ie11 update on my Win7 laptop there have been a ton of issue from freezing video, not displaying video, detecting the browser as ie5(hbo.com site) and other crap.

Never had so many issues with Microsoft automatic updates as I have had in 2013, from the evil KB 2670838 that BSODed to no end to the repeat when it installed secretly with ie10, until that was fixed, then ie10 crashed because of Norton toolbar issues and now ie11 video and bunch of other issue.
I don't know what the hell Microsoft is doing but their QC with updates have gone down the drain to a point that I am seriously considering turning off auto updates because I am getting sick of fixing my PC for hours after each MS update mess up.

one thing that I have learnd and by teachers reiterating this .... wait for a few days after the updates come and see if there are complaints or use a virtual box or use a wsus server but most of the time updates have been nice just not this one for ie11 :straight:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
one thing that I have learnd and by teachers reiterating this .... wait for a few days after the updates come and see if there are complaints or use a virtual box or use a wsus server but most of the time updates have been nice just not this one for ie11 :straight:

Not really an ideal solution; I don't know who has the time to check often 10+ updates each week individually to see if anyone is running into issues. I have a VMware set up with Win7 and Win8, but some updates have hardware specific errors and issues like the KB2670838 has with specific laptops with switchable graphics. VMware has its own drivers and you just can't test update compatibility easily with that.

There is clearly something screwed up at MS in regards to update QC:
Why all the errors in Microsoft updates lately? | ZDNet
Microsoft updates display 'worrisome' decline in quality - Computerworld
Botched update (KB2670838) for Windows 7 resulting in BSOD, Microsoft working on a fix | WinBeta

Its just not looking good for Microsoft updates if this trend continues.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
so I tried ie10 in my college and it seems that youtube works fine with ie10 no lags or hangs... its starting to look like its a flash thing in ie11

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Not really an ideal solution; I don't know who has the time to check often 10+ updates each week individually to see if anyone is running into issues. I have a VMware set up with Win7 and Win8, but some updates have hardware specific errors and issues like the KB2670838 has with specific laptops with switchable graphics. VMware has its own drivers and you just can't test update compatibility easily with that.

There is clearly something screwed up at MS in regards to update QC:
Why all the errors in Microsoft updates lately? | ZDNet
Microsoft updates display 'worrisome' decline in quality - Computerworld
Botched update (KB2670838) for Windows 7 resulting in BSOD, Microsoft working on a fix | WinBeta

Its just not looking good for Microsoft updates if this trend continues.

of course its a bad solution :p it would take to long and it would be irritating to do that for every single update :cool:

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not having any issues today, whether or not youtube is in compatibility mode.

Can anyone here confirm?

All issues seem to be fixed for me at least.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
windows updates -> change settings -> download but let me choose to install. Install them a week or two late.

normally the bugs are worked out after the first few days.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
windows updates -> change settings -> download but let me choose to install. Install them a week or two late.

normally the bugs are worked out after the first few days.

was nothing to do with windows updates, I just noticed Microsoft's compatibility view settings have been updated for youtube loading in IE10 mode, although changing it to default "edge" the issue is also fixed so must have been a something youtube changed

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Not sure why, but I noticed this start for me as well once I merged my YT and Google+ accounts (Google made me). After having YT act funny and freeze here and there (Then come back after 10-15 seconds) I finally de-linked them in the settings in YT. After that it went back to normal. Not sure if this will help you guys, but it did for me.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
was nothing to do with windows updates, I just noticed Microsoft's compatibility view settings have been updated for youtube loading in IE10 mode, although changing it to default "edge" the issue is also fixed so must have been a something youtube changed

well this worked for me ... I wonder why it changed to ie10 instead of edge but what's strange is that at school they run at ie10 and there is no lag or slowdowns but here that is defaults to ie10 its works really bad but what ever it was its fixed now

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I fixed mine on two laptops, I just went into settings and somewhere on there there's a setting for use hardware or software rendering. I clicked it to software and bang everything now works...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster