If you could work for Microsoft, what job would you pick?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My dream is to work for Microsoft, either in the windows phone division, xbox division, windows division, or take Ben Rudolph's job, lol. What would you like to do if you could work for Microsoft?

Edit: I would want to be CEO too. :D

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd start off at Head of the Bing Team. I'd then demand that all International versions of the Bing website get all the features which are currently only available in the US. I'd then want promoting to head of the team that manages the takeover of Nokia. I'd make the transition go smoothly, insist that the heart of the design and engineering stays with the current people who were already at Nokia. Then get them to build a line of Surface style phones in true Finnish quality and detail. After a few years on the market when the marketshare is WP81%, Android 16% and iOS 3%, I'd retire to a countryside mansion in a nice warm country, with a pooch that collects my mail every morning. Not that I'm an armchair CEO or visionary at all ;)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually planning to work at Microsoft HQ after I graduate I'm gonna work at the user experience designer team. For,maybe WP, Windows or Xbox :)

EDIT: I'm gonna do the interview next year. and When I work there I can't show tell you about future versions of WP or Windows sorry :-(.

Last edited:

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use to work for Best Buy when they had dedicated Gaming associates and every month we had this Microsoft rep that came in, checked the displays to make sure they were working, handed out info on new games and sometimes even gave me free points and stuff like that (we were friends outside of work so she gave me free Live every year). Anyways, she also did all the signage and stuff for Windows Phones and PC. This became big during the Windows 8 changeover. Anyways, her job was to drive to all the stores in 3 nearby cities (stores like Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) and just get people excited for Microsoft products. No direct sales, she always had the phones and tablets free and games too and only worked 3 days of the week but got payed full-time. Sweet gig right!?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Liquidator.. Lol
Just joking.. Ms lacks consumer relation service.. Il bridge that..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I use to work for Best Buy when they had dedicated Gaming associates and every month we had this Microsoft rep that came in, checked the displays to make sure they were working, handed out info on new games and sometimes even gave me free points and stuff like that (we were friends outside of work so she gave me free Live every year). Anyways, she also did all the signage and stuff for Windows Phones and PC. This became big during the Windows 8 changeover. Anyways, her job was to drive to all the stores in 3 nearby cities (stores like Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) and just get people excited for Microsoft products. No direct sales, she always had the phones and tablets free and games too and only worked 3 days of the week but got payed full-time. Sweet gig right!?
that's the job I want I've been in sales for over 15 years and att shot me down because not much sales experience ( been at the same shop for all those 15 years) and most att stores have horrible sales staff at least the ones here in south Florida! Att and WP needs more aggressive salesmen to push there products. All stores I've visited didn't understand why I like WP so much! That's lack of training! Give me a chance Ms ! I'll shake things up big time at these att stores guaranteed!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for marketing and advertising. Their inability to get stores to get their stuff on display properly is pathetic.

No idea what the US is like but here in the UK you have to search for the Surface in stores and they're usually locked so you can't use them. WP aren't so bad in the mobile shops. In the meantime the 'i' products have this nice flashy display in all stores you visit.

MS does really poorly with the Surface advertising here in the UK. I also don't see many adverts for WP anymore. Unless I'm watching the wrong TV channels. :p

Last edited:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You all do those for the company and I'll just be the food provider. Someone's gotta feed y'all

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)