If you're unhappy with your L900...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Please put it on Ebay for cheap! I'll be keeping an eye out for one for my wife. I'm sure there are others who would glady take it off your hands, for a favorable price, of course ;)

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll give you $50 paypal for it right now. My bet is you paid $100 for it, so getting half your money back for a "dead platform" should make you happy.

tenoclock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
$400 for a phone you likely got for free, or maybe even got paid to $100, that is locked to AT&T? Wow.
No didn't get it for free, it came with contract. In order for me to get a new phone I'll have to pay $380 ETF and plus the $99 bux+tax that I paid.

Anyway I was being sarcastic. Lumia owner are upset because of the very same reason why you wouldn't pay $400 for a phone that's seeing it's EOL

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
See that's where they are wrong, it isn't EOL. They are acting like MS came and said 7.8 is your last update and then we cut any and all support thereafter. Win XP is EOL and gets no more support from MS, WP7 isn't like that.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This is why I avoided this forum LOL. While I understand some are pissed off because new devices aren't seeing ALL the features, you're still seeing something. You got to remember, WP7 devices have seen 2-3 significant OS updates. If you are that upset, sell it, buy something to hold you over and save your money for a WP8 device.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
See that's where they are wrong, it isn't EOL. They are acting like MS came and said 7.8 is your last update and then we cut any and all support thereafter. Win XP is EOL and gets no more support from MS, WP7 isn't like that.

I agree with this statement. I believe we will see more updates after 7.8, either from MS or Nokia.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is why I avoided this forum LOL. While I understand some are pissed off because new devices aren't seeing ALL the features, you're still seeing something. You got to remember, WP7 devices have seen 2-3 significant OS updates. If you are that upset, sell it, buy something to hold you over and save your money for a WP8 device.

I bought my 900 for $350 on ebay soon after it came out. The big problem is that it is going to be losing its value like CRAZY. I won't be able to sell it for $200 pretty soon. Also, my phone has seen ZERO significant updates, NONE. There is not a soul on this board that would have gotten the 900 or Titan 2 if they were told they wouldn't be getting even a lite version of WP8. Obviously it doesn't make sense to give most of the Windows phones WP8 but they should give 900 and Titan 2 the update. Everyone likes to make fun of Android for being fragmented. At least of most Android phones I can get OS updates from other sources. This is the definition of fragmentation. For being on other post saying it would be too much off a pain and cost too much money to give the 900 WP8, FU. It cost me too much money to get a phone that isn't getting full support past 8 or so months. When you buy a phone, your not just buying the hardware. If that was the case, I would be able to put any operating system I wanted on it. With the phone, your buying the OS.

I absolutely love WP but Microsoft dropped the ball big time. They could have easily avoided any controversy by simply giving the 900 and Titan 2 WP8 and giving everything else 7.8. Microsoft is creating an image here of "buyer beware." I probably won't be able to afford a brand new phone (I'm on Straight Talk so no free/cheap phones). I may look toward a quality Android phone considering that a high end Android drops in prices quickly due to the amount of new phones. I pray that Microsoft/Nokia does some type of program that allows 900 users to trade in phones for a decent amount of money.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 900 for $350 on ebay soon after it came out. The big problem is that it is going to be losing its value like CRAZY. I won't be able to sell it for $200 pretty soon. Also, my phone has seen ZERO significant updates, NONE. There is not a soul on this board that would have gotten the 900 or Titan 2 if they were told they wouldn't be getting even a lite version of WP8. Obviously it doesn't make sense to give most of the Windows phones WP8 but they should give 900 and Titan 2 the update. Everyone likes to make fun of Android for being fragmented. At least of most Android phones I can get OS updates from other sources. This is the definition of fragmentation. For being on other post saying it would be too much off a pain and cost too much money to give the 900 WP8, FU. It cost me too much money to get a phone that isn't getting full support past 8 or so months. When you buy a phone, your not just buying the hardware. If that was the case, I would be able to put any operating system I wanted on it. With the phone, your buying the OS.

I absolutely love WP but Microsoft dropped the ball big time. They could have easily avoided any controversy by simply giving the 900 and Titan 2 WP8 and giving everything else 7.8. Microsoft is creating an image here of "buyer beware." I probably won't be able to afford a brand new phone (I'm on Straight Talk so no free/cheap phones). I may look toward a quality Android phone considering that a high end Android drops in prices quickly due to the amount of new phones. I pray that Microsoft/Nokia does some type of program that allows 900 users to trade in phones for a decent amount of money.

I have a feeling that if MS was able to get WP8 working on the 900, it would have worked on all the other WP7 phones too (except maybe Tango devices).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling that if MS was able to get WP8 working on the 900, it would have worked on all the other WP7 phones too (except maybe Tango devices).

I don't think it is that at all. I think it comes down to money. Microsoft is throwing a bone to the phone manufacturers by doing this. Not giving the full update gives people a reason to buy a new phone. If Microsoft can build an OS (Windows 7) that people can and have ran on computers 10 years old, I HIGHLY doubt that they would have issues getting a new mobile OS running on a 2-3 month old phone.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I've kept silent on this mess until I read this.

The 900 contains the OS that contains all the Windows Phone updates to this point (Nodo, etc) including TWO from Nokia that were pushed very, very quickly. You're** also going to receive the Tango update when it is released. You're** also going to receive 7.8.

The Titan 2 and 900 aren't getting the update because the hardware doesn't support it. They gave your phone everything it can handle. Besides, we don't know the full details as to what all is included in 7.8, so quit crying. You're** assuming too much.

And what then, with your "cheap" Android phone? Think it'll get any updates at all? Sit down and think about what you said for one second:

considering that a high end Android drops in prices quickly due to the amount of new phones.

Yes, you'll get a phone and then in two months it'll be forgotten, too. You're** going to be in the same predicament you're in now.

Yes, give 8 to the Titan and Lumia and forget the rest. You complain about fragmentation and then suggest they do it? Come on, man, think.

And going one step further: Microsoft would update your phone if it had the hardware and software to do so. As the current phones do not, it will not be happening. They're doing their best to keep you up to date. Ultimately this is a necessary procedure: now apps will work between PC, tablet, and phone.

You're** just crying over spilt milk. You live in a world where you have it so easy, with so many niceties and comforts--why not be thankful for what you have?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is that at all. I think it comes down to money. Microsoft is throwing a bone to the phone manufacturers by doing this. Not giving the full update gives people a reason to buy a new phone. If Microsoft can build an OS (Windows 7) that people can and have ran on computers 10 years old, I HIGHLY doubt that they would have issues getting a new mobile OS running on a 2-3 month old phone.

The problem is the Lumia 900 launched with old hardware to start with. The phone may be 2-3 months old, but the hardware is two years old.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 900 for $350 on ebay soon after it came out. The big problem is that it is going to be losing its value like CRAZY. I won't be able to sell it for $200 pretty soon. Also, my phone has seen ZERO significant updates, NONE.

I said WP7 has seen significant updates. Yes if you adopted WP7 this year then no you haven't seen anything worthwhile but again, if you came on the promise of an update, you came for the wrong reason.

There is not a soul on this board that would have gotten the 900 or Titan 2 if they were told they wouldn't be getting even a lite version of WP8. Obviously it doesn't make sense to give most of the Windows phones WP8 but they should give 900 and Titan 2 the update.

I did, even after selling my Android rooted device. I wanted my Metro experience. I bought the Lumia 900 only two months ago and my return time was still in effect when the rumors popped up about old devices not seeing WP8 but will get a light version. You can actually quote me saying I'd take it.

Everyone likes to make fun of Android for being fragmented. At least of most Android phones I can get OS updates from other sources. This is the definition of fragmentation. For being on other post saying it would be too much off a pain and cost too much money to give the 900 WP8, FU. It cost me too much money to get a phone that isn't getting full support past 8 or so months. When you buy a phone, your not just buying the hardware. If that was the case, I would be able to put any operating system I wanted on it. With the phone, your buying the OS.
This is the day people have waited on: the rare time where this has happened to WP. The course of WP 7 has seen MAJOR updates for ALL devices, and even still ALL devices will get 7.8. Can you say that about Android? I was told with Android, you need to buy high end to get the latest update. Didn't work. Then it was the excuse that you need to get the Nexus to get all the updates. Not necessarily true. Truth be told, NO ONE should buy phones with the hopes of getting a lot of updates. But with Android, a great bunch hardly see ANY update. A lot of phones are coming out THIS YEAR STILL ON GINGERBREAD and there's another major update coming THIS FALL. The Android argument was irrelevant outside of the fact that maybe you just wanted to bring up fragmentation in Windows Phone at this point in time.

I absolutely love WP but Microsoft dropped the ball big time. They could have easily avoided any controversy by simply giving the 900 and Titan 2 WP8 and giving everything else 7.8. Microsoft is creating an image here of "buyer beware."

Again, you are getting an update.

I probably won't be able to afford a brand new phone (I'm on Straight Talk so no free/cheap phones). I may look toward a quality Android phone considering that a high end Android drops in prices quickly due to the amount of new phones. I pray that Microsoft/Nokia does some type of program that allows 900 users to trade in phones for a decent amount of money.

You can sell your phone now and get 200 and can pocket that and save 300 more over the course of 5 months to get you a WP8 device and I refuse to believe anything else otherwise. If you want out of it badly enough, you'd do it. But don't pretend that you are butt-out because you adopted "early". Anyone that wants to opt out now can get some money off their current device and save enough for when WP8 comes out.

Please buy a high end Android device and report back to me if you get a different experience. Just an FYI, you can dev unlock Windows Phones as well

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I said WP7 has seen significant updates. Yes if you adopted WP7 this year then no you haven't seen anything worthwhile but again, if you came on the promise of an update, you came for the wrong reason.

I did, even after selling my Android rooted device. I wanted my Metro experience. I bought the Lumia 900 only two months ago and my return time was still in effect when the rumors popped up about old devices not seeing WP8 but will get a light version. You can actually quote me saying I'd take it.

This is the day people have waited on: the rare time where this has happened to WP. The course of WP 7 has seen MAJOR updates for ALL devices, and even still ALL devices will get 7.8. Can you say that about Android? I was told with Android, you need to buy high end to get the latest update. Didn't work. Then it was the excuse that you need to get the Nexus to get all the updates. Not necessarily true. Truth be told, NO ONE should buy phones with the hopes of getting a lot of updates. But with Android, a great bunch hardly see ANY update. A lot of phones are coming out THIS YEAR STILL ON GINGERBREAD and there's another major update coming THIS FALL. The Android argument was irrelevant outside of the fact that maybe you just wanted to bring up fragmentation in Windows Phone at this point in time.

Again, you are getting an update.

You can sell your phone now and get 200 and can pocket that and save 300 more over the course of 5 months to get you a WP8 device and I refuse to believe anything else otherwise. If you want out of it badly enough, you'd do it. But don't pretend that you are butt-out because you adopted "early". Anyone that wants to opt out now can get some money off their current device and save enough for when WP8 comes out.

Please buy a high end Android device and report back to me if you get a different experience. Just an FYI, you can dev unlock Windows Phones as well

I don't think it is too much to ask that a new phone (meaning original release is recent) gets a full updates (minus obvious things like NFC support, etc.). As far as Android is concerned, I prefer the OS releases on XDA over the stock. I think the argument that most Android phones don't get official updates is mute to power users like us who don't mind using a custom rom. Also, to dev unlock, I would have to pay more money and doesn't mean I will get to use a custom WP8 rom. I am not saying I like Android over WP if it came down to the 900 getting WP8 and have an Android phone with ICS or Jelly Bean whenevr that comes out. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. The consumer shouldn't have to update in 6 months to get the latest OS.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is too much to ask that a new phone (meaning original release is recent) gets a full updates (minus obvious things like NFC support, etc.). As far as Android is concerned, I prefer the OS releases on XDA over the stock. I think the argument that most Android phones don't get official updates is mute to power users like us who don't mind using a custom rom. Also, to dev unlock, I would have to pay more money and doesn't mean I will get to use a custom WP8 rom. I am not saying I like Android over WP if it came down to the 900 getting WP8 and have an Android phone with ICS or Jelly Bean whenevr that comes out. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. The consumer shouldn't have to update in 6 months to get the latest OS.

I agree to an extent. If I bought, let's say an Android Gingerbread device, right when it was first released, and never saw an update, I'd agree. It is not Microsoft's fault that Nokia happened after all of their major updates for 7 have came and passed. For consumers that were TRULY worried, it wouldn't have taken long to look on the net to see that WP8 was looming around the corner. When I became an adopter for WP, I bought the HD7 BUT I didn't buy it until Mango was released, and even then it was off contract.

It's not moot because the overall userbase for Android is NOT power users. So basically, it's okay to screw everyone that doesn't know about rooting and flashing and let them buy the latest without seeing one update but it's a problem for Lumia adopters to not get Apollo BUT will get some type of update? I don't agree. And for a lot of phones that aren't unlocked by the OEM's, it's not that easy to just root any Android device.

I agree. Thank God we're getting 7.8 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb